New Guy from North Carolina!

thejosey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings everybody out there in the internet world! My name is Chris and I live in the small town of Cornelius, North Carolina (20 minutes north of Charlotte). I'm a 29 year old guy that's engaged to be married this October. I'm also a veteran of the US Army (MOS was 25B and 25U) and I'm currently a Police Officer with 5 years of experience. As far as my photography background goes, I've not really had anything more than a typical point and shoot. My current one is a Nikon Coolpix S3000, but I more or less use my Samsung Galaxy Note 3's camera haha. I'm really fascinated with photography and picture editing (small background in Photoshop as well). I've taken some classes for Law Enforcement relevant to photoshop and photography using a Nikon D5100 and I had a blast. I'm really looking to trying to start photography as a hobby, which will help document my honeymoon this fall haha.

Anyways, that's about it. I'm looking forward to interacting with new people and learning as much as possible. I have the very basic knowledge on photography and the ins-n-outs of camera nomenclature. I'm pretty decent with photoshop, so I can possible help a newbie out with that if anybody has any questions.

Thanks for looking and have a good one!

Welcome fellow NC'er! We live in Durham, and our son has been in the Army for over 16 years. Congratulations on your engagement! I have owned and sold the D5100..and it's a great camera but I wanted something a little more sophisticated so I bought a D7100. Our son, his wife, and our grandson are being transferred to Germany for the next 3 years at least, and so my wife and I are hoping to visit there next year. We also have a cruise coming up in late September, so I wanted a new camera. I really liked the D5100 though. Happy to meet you, and hope you love photography as much as I do. I highly recommend you buy the book "David Busch's Guide to The Nikon D5100 and DSLR Photography". It will teach you a ton of stuff about the D5100 and you can get it from Amazon. Great book and great graphics included in the book for illustrative pirposes.

Thanks for the very warm welcome. It's nice to meet a fellow NC'er. Thanks for the information on the D5100 as well, I'll definitely look into it if I can buy one! If you know of anybody selling one or something comparable, send them my way! Haha

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back