New guy here looking to learn as much as possible

Golfer_Cody

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, I am kinda new to the whole taking pictuers as a hobby kinda thing so I decided to join up here. I see this place has a ton of useful information and I am gonna do my best to find what I need before asking, but if I cant please bare with me cause the search button deffinatly is not my friend. Anyway I have a small digital camera now which I love but I really want to get a digital SLR here soon and learn everything I can about HDR and how to do that. I am currently looking at some cameras but I kinda want to wait till canon comes out with a new one so I dont have to upgrade every year. I want something that will last me a few years then I can upgrade to the new model. Anyway look for my posts and any help is greatly appreciated, thanks everyone.

Welcome aboard. I think Canon did just come out with a new one.

Watch out for the anti-noob nazis. :) LOL

Remember, you take the picture.
Check out this little ditty taken with my 5mp point-n-shoot...

2516538852_c96cd71d48.jpg

There's a ton of info here, and some really nice people too that are more than willing to help out us newbies.

I am new to photography too. I don't have a fancy camera yet, I am trying to learn as much as possible before I invest in a good one.
I did find a good website that sends photography tips by email and that was helpful http://zibtips.com/Forms/WebinarMain.aspx?WebinarID=17&WebinarContentID=101&Source=TWS

The boards have been helpful too. I am trying to learn mostly portrait photography, I would like to eventually open a studio and move on to wedding photography. Good to be here! I look forward to getting to know all of you!

yeah same I look forward to getting to know everyone too. I have a macbook computer, what programs can I get or download for editing and like the HDR stuff?

which canon model is set to come out for 2009? what features and specs does it have that current models don't have?

i'm sure most people here will agree with what GeorgiaOwl has said.

Also, i believe that it is the lenses that companies spend most time and money on, not the bodies.

Most reactions

Back