New Guy. New Camera. New Pics.

ashadiow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I am new. I am not necessarily new to taking good pictures, but just finally got my first DSLR. A Canon 400D/XTi. I love it. Here are a few of my first shots. Feel free to critique.

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Wow, I really like these shots. I just recently got my first DSLR also. Fun isn't it?

Fun... and expensive. I was going to go for the 40D (I like to shoot ice hockey and horse shows. 6.5 fps... :confused:) but couldn't hack the cash. But now I need...want the canon 10-22 and the 70-200 L IS... Ugh I better start selling myself. :lol:

Nice hayburners... :)

I don't particularly like cats, being a dog person, but the sharpness in that photo is quite impressive and creates visual impact.

skieur

Thanks for all the kind words. I am not much of a cat person either, but that picture was just really cool. I look forward to the assignments and contests on this site. They should really keep me pushing my skills to the limit.

the cat shot is my favorite. the snow in the donkey pic is slightly blown out and so is the white on his nose.

the cat shot is my favorite. the snow in the donkey pic is slightly blown out and so is the white on his nose.

I think it is almost completely blown out and I almost didn't even process the picture, but I loved the look on his face. Made me laugh. Snow is so hard to photograph with correctness.

great job. I dont love the horse one...it reminds me of a mounted animal the way it is cut off at the neck :)

That horse picture is really awesome....reminds me of some stuff my wife and I bought for the house by a photographer named Kelsey Cain(before I became interested in photography...of course)

That horse picture is really awesome....reminds me of some stuff my wife and I bought for the house by a photographer named Kelsey Cain(before I became interested in photography...of course)

Thanks. Here is the best horse pic I ever got with my old Kodak P&S... I can't wait to do this stuff with my new camera!!!!

Kola.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back