New guy to the forums

Crimson_Dark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well might as well say hi.
the names nathan,, I am 17 and learning photgraphy.
I shoot with a pentax *ist DL with stock 18-55mm, 28mm 3.5f, 70-210mm 4f
for macros I use 2 sets of +1 +2 +4. Generally I edit with corel photopaint x3.
but this batch was done with CS3 photoshop, on an lcd which I need to adjust,, sorry if there a bit dark
I am looking for some hard crits on what to improve.
sky shot
clouds-1.jpg

sky shot 2
sky.jpg

columbine
Columbinecloseup.jpg

columbine 2
insidecolumbine.jpg

daisy shot
daisy.jpg

daisy shot 2
daisies.jpg
dogwood flowers
dogwoodflowers.jpg

dogwood flowers 2
dogwoodflowers2.jpg

Hiya Nathan and welcome to The Photo Forum! :D

Good to have you here and see some of your photos.
You obviously know how to use your camera, you work with nice shallow DOFs in the case of the flower pics and nicely narrow apertures in the sky pics. The first is quite dark, indeed, with the darkness to the right, where one would expect a sky to become darker and darker the higher up you look.

Of the flower pics, I think I like the one of the columbine bud best since DOF (depth of field) works best in that one, i.e. the entire bud is in focus. Well, :scretch: --- almost. Looked like it at a first glance, more so since the bit of spiders web? pollen? pollen caught up in spiders web? is in focus.

Actually, DOF is quite, quite, QUITE shallow in all your flower pics and I am not sure I like it in all of them...

What made you compose the first of the two daisy shots with the flower leaning to the right, yet leaving so much space on the LEFT, not giving the flower room to lean into?

And what made you compose the other with so much empty space?

ya the first one the sun was in the right corner so thats why its brighter, and I played with the levels to much in PS.
almost all the flower shots are at 3.5f
the columbine, it was dandelion fuzz.
the first daisy pic was cause I generally center all my shots and I wanted to try something different.
the second was cause of the background to the right wasn't working with the shot.
overall I was mainly playing with PS just trying to get a grasp,, I will get some of my older stuff up right aways
Thanks a lot for the crits

Most reactions

Back