brian1337
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Feb 21, 2010
- Messages
- 16
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Elk Grove, CA
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hey, I'm a 15 year old guy and i wanna get into photography, I've been interested in a while and the only decent camera I've ever owned was the Canon powershot G10. Chinese new years just passed, and I finally have money for a dslr 
Right now, i'm looking at the Canon EOS Rebel XS, stock lens and a 75-300mm lens for $599 (Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!)
You guys think i should get that? Or should i geta XSi? What are your recommendations? Thanks [=
Also, this is a really nooby question, but would nikon lenses be compatable with canon bodies? Because i wanna get this ([ame="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005LEN4/diyphotography-20"]Amazon.com: Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo[/ame]) if I ever get the Rebel. I just like it better than the canon 50mm for no apparent reason :meh:
But thats it for now, thanks
EDIT: I just saw the "for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras" that pretty much means I can't use it on any camera other than nikons right?
Right now, i'm looking at the Canon EOS Rebel XS, stock lens and a 75-300mm lens for $599 (Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!)
You guys think i should get that? Or should i geta XSi? What are your recommendations? Thanks [=
Also, this is a really nooby question, but would nikon lenses be compatable with canon bodies? Because i wanna get this ([ame="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005LEN4/diyphotography-20"]Amazon.com: Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo[/ame]) if I ever get the Rebel. I just like it better than the canon 50mm for no apparent reason :meh:
But thats it for now, thanks
EDIT: I just saw the "for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras" that pretty much means I can't use it on any camera other than nikons right?