What's new

New here and some pictures for C&C

Shannon71

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Nebraska
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just joined today and thought I'd post a couple of pics out here to get some feedback. I LOVE to take pictures but I know I have lots and lots to learn. :D
4113174051_e107b63d8d.jpg


4113177637_9a31791eab.jpg

4113940852_71c0062ca7.jpg
 
1) good composition, lighting, love the catchlights. I'm a big proponent of catch lights. Given flat lighting, there is minimal ratio but it is a nice image. Not a big fan of wide open apertures and you didn't have that :) :thumbup:
2)Everything from above + if you are including the body (i.e. #1 and #3), don't cut the head, doesn't look good. I don't like the yellow tan you got going there, or maybe it is WB that is off.
3) Everything from above + you cut the fingers of her left hand - DON'T CUT fingers, if you're cutting - above the elbows, NOT the fingers. You can see her blue bra - most girls won't appreciate that. Keep that in mind when shooting and be honest with your subjects.

Good job overall. Keep shooting and enjoy doing it.
 
1-flip the camera around to frame a headshot using what many call portrait camera orientation; her lopped off chin is not attractive.

2-Ah, that's better camera orientation, but the white balance is decidedly a bit, uh, yellow. That big expanse of open sky behind you gives the same big upper-eyeball catchlights as in shot 1.

3-Cutting the top of her head off while simultaneously getting rid of the red lettering on the door behind her is not a good tradeoff. The cropping of of one hand and the fingers of the other hand is a bit jarring. it appears that yuo used flash in shot #3,as the harsh shadow on her arm shows.

All three are focused well and all three show decent rapport with your subjects, who I assume are your friends. You're doing okay, but a bit more planing might make your shots come out with more impact.
 
Nice pictures, thanks for posting them!
Maybe the first photo has the distant eye of the subject a bit out of focus. Also, the white balance might be a little bit off. The first and second picture use a very different white balance. But pictures are very nice - good luck!
 
Here's hoping after a good response from the community that you start contributing to the forums :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom