New Here, C&C please!

mdbrh91603

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a little about myself: I bought my Olympus Evolt 510 in June and have steadily been taking photos since! I dont know much about the mechanics of the camera but am learning! In my opinion you can definitly see improvement from my early pictures to the most recent. Here are just a couple though that I would really love some opinions/critique not only on the photo itself, but also on the editing! Thanks in advance :mrgreen:
3450595700_3a16700471.jpg

3425375724_397fc08e65.jpg

3402715077_ff56b76e34.jpg

3450603176_9d754671de.jpg

3449787513_8a4a4b8309.jpg

3450603224_bd900a4565.jpg

Welcome to the forum!!

1- Cute kid. I'm thinking this was done outside in the snow? If so, might want to make it a pure white background and clean up the stuff on the bottom right of the frame, around her feet, and to the side of her right arm

2- Looks a bit over exposed with some blow outs in the whites all over the dog's face. Fun pose, but I find him a bit too centered. The focus also seems to be on his nose and not his eye.

3- Lack of contrast in this one. If you are using photoshop, it could do with some levels adjustments to make the picture look less flat. Nice composition, but I would love to see one with the bird's head up

4- Fun shot, but the picture makes me think more of a snapshot than a photograph. I love the kid's expression and I don't mind your post processing. I find there is alot going on in the background that is somewhat distracting, mainly the plant.

5- Probably my fave of the set. I like the crispness of the person's face. Even if there is alot happening in the background, it adds to setting the scene in the picture. Not sure I like the yellow hue / white balance choice though

6- Major white blow outs in the middle of the image and some on the left. Not sure I like the white balance here either, very yellow/red.

I really like the fifth one. The guy looks like he has a very interesting story about his life.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back