New here. I like what I'm seeing and I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay.

mkbstr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi! I'm Martin, 23 years old from Eskilstuna, Sweden.
Photography has been coming and going interest-wise for me in the past but I think finally my long lost passion has found me for good.

To initiate my self (sort of...?) I'll throw these images up. They were shot this morning in my back yard and I love how they came out.
HDR is such a beautiful style of photography and while it's not my primary method for shooting I decided to give it a go and viola.

$IMG_6457_8_9_tonemapped.jpg$IMG_6477And8more_tonemapped.jpg$IMG_6486_87_88_89_90_91_tonemapped.jpg

The first one is shot with the three-pic burst mode thingy and set to give two of the images higher and lower exposures (I'm sure there's a better way to explain it).
It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to with the sun completely blown out so with the two other images I decided to use good old fashioned "over kill" to flesh them out.

Second picture is composed of 9 different images with the sun/sky having three or four "stops" of their own and it couldn't have turned out any better than that in my opinion.
For this I started out with maxing out the shutter speed and gradually lowered the shutter speed until I was happy with it.

I did the exact same thing with the third picture but it's only made up of five images.

For these images I used my Canon 600d (T3i) with the stock 18-55mm lens mounted on a tripod, merged the images with Photomatix and did minor post-processing in Photoshop.

Anyway like I said in the topic I really like what I'm seeing and I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay. :)

Feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers

//Martin

Welcome to the site. This is a pretty good set of HDR images. They are not over the top like a lot that I've seen. The only thing that bothers me is in the first one, it looks like you've captured bomb blast instead of the sun.

Welcome aboard Martin! I really like the middle picture...

Welcome to the forums. #2 nice

Thanks guys :) I'm glad you like it :)

Welcome, Martin! Hope you check out our Gallery section, since it's a great place to post your work and get feedback on it. :) We're happy to have you on board!

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back