New Here, Looking For Feedback On A Few Photo's

DogGoneGood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been interested in photography for a few years now, and I mainly take photo's of my dogs or wildlife. I'm currently using a Fuji S6000, however I am ordering a Canon Rebel XSi in the very near future. Meanwhile, my S6000, while not the most impressive camera :)lol:) has given me a good start in learning different functions for photo taking.

I'm really interested in black and white photography, and I dabble around in photoshop a lot. Here are a few photo's, and I'd like some general feedback on maybe what I can improve on, or change. Thanks. :)

katie-hounddog1small.jpg

bo-portrait2smallbw-1.jpg

3. (Unfortunately, I didn't get all of his feet into the frame when the photo was taken... one of the drawbacks to this photo, in my opinion)

bo-ball1smallbw-1.jpg

annie-closepose1bw.jpg

annie-brickpose04bw.jpg

annie-bench01bw.jpg

^Same here!

Think that you're right with 3, the cut off in the feet's a bit of a drawback, but they're great photos overall. Something with the bench in 6 makes it look a bit.. not sure how to describe it! It's probably just me anyway :p

These shots are very well done.

#1 It might just be my monitor but I think a little more exposure to pull out more of the detail in his left eye would be nice.

#2 Serious dog is serious. A good shot but seems sort of snapshotish to me. Not that I can blame you. I have always found it really hard to get good shots of my dog from when they are actually paying attention to you. They tend to focus right on the camera and it's hard to get something interesting. At least in my experience.

#3 You are definitely right about the missing foot in this picture.

#4 I absolutely love it. I love that the main focus (his eyes) are near the top of the frame and off center. The DOF is nice and the focus looks tack sharp. There is nothing distracting in the background (yes it is possible to have a distracting background even with DOF blur, imo).

Sorry, I have to go to the bathroom and I am starving. Once I get back from lunch I will probably give you some feedback on 5 and 6.

Sorry, I have to go to the bathroom and I am starving. Once I get back from lunch I will probably give you some feedback on 5 and 6.
You could of just waited and posted them all in one go, but what ever floats your boat. :)

These photo's look great man!
Number 2 and 4 are defiantly the best.

You could of just waited and posted them all in one go, but what ever floats your boat. :)

I could have done that :lol:

I had already started typing and I figured that it would be better to give half a critique then not post what I had already written, just in case I couldn't make it back after lunch.

Anyway, on that note.

#5 I like how the lines of mortar between the bricks all lead my eye back towards the subject. To me, the texture and the steps help your subject pop from the background. I really like this shot.

#6 I dont like being able to see the area behind the bench both above and below the subject. I think it is just a personal thing but it seems a little weird to me. Maybe it's the same thing that kwik-silva is talking about.

Nice set. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back