What's new

New here, some of my work over the last few months.

JustinBloch

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
18
Location
Atlanta
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, just found this forum and decided to join and share some of my work. I shoot mostly with a Nikon D80 and Nikkor 50mm1.8d with natural lighting. I edited this post to just four pictures of the dogs, and I guess I'll go from here.
Riley relaxing in my pool
dsc0008sf.jpg


Turbo @ 12 weeks old
dsc0023s.jpg


Turbo @ 2 years
dsc0041st.jpg




Jacob
dsc0394s.jpg
 
Last edited:
Really far too many here for you to get thorough feedback. Also, one sweeping comment saying "these are good" isn't necessarily true because they aren't all good.

I would recommend you post different themes (e.g. dogs, women models, etc.) in different threads and try to limit the total of number of pictures from 3-5.

This will allow people to give you better feedback on individual images.
 
Oh man thats a lot of photos. Too many, in fact, to lend any quality CC, and if it isn't quality CC, its not worth typing ;)

As already mentioned, try editing the post to only contain your favorite 3 or 4 photos at most.
 
yep.. separate 'em out.. probably no more than three at a time.
 
I love the dog in the pool! Several nice photos, but like said above, break em up.
 
Thanks for the input, well... let me take it down to my four favorites. And we'll try this again.:D
 
As far as image quality is considered i would go for #3 & #4 where the subject is well focused without any distractions; i love the themes in the #1 & #4, but i am afraid the surroundings are too much into the subject to fail focus...further i am not favoring the tilt in the last... what kind of Dog jacob is?

Please convey my regards to Riley, Turbo and Jacob ;)
 
Trimming it down was definitely appreciated ;)

I personally think #2 is the best of the bunch. Avoid using center compositions too much if you can, but it was used well in this instance.
 
Thanks guys. Frequency, Jacob was a Collie/Husky mix.
 
#1 is a great humorous shot... Riley looks like an awesome dog! I love labs.. they are a hoot!

#2 probably the best shot of them all.. vertical format portrait is good for vertical subjects, as it emphasizes the subject, and minimized background impact. You were on the subject's level when you shot.. always best to do that. Eyes are a little soft.. looks like focus was center of the pic... work on that! Eyes should be sharp!

#3. Looking down on the subject denigrates them... and I would have shot in vertical! Love those eyes! :)

#4 cute shot.. but you have the plant on left, and the planter on the right competing for attention with the subject... too busy. Shoot portraits like this vertical...
 
Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into using portrait more often instead of landscape. #2 Is by far my favorite. I wish they stay that size for ever... Turbo was too cute at that age.
 
I'd like to see fewer centered images. Play with the "rule of thirds" a little to add some interest.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom