New in photography...learning

JudNissani

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm new here and also quite new in photography. I mainly takes photos of my kids and would love to hear any feedback which can help me to learn and improve.

Attachments

• IMG_1585.jpg
    IMG_1585.jpg
    912 KB · Views: 117
Hi, and welcome!

Since most people are vertical, you should turn your camera vertical for portraits such as this. That way you could include the top of his head. Also, you need more light on your subject's face. Often you can (when out in the sun) use something white to reflect a bit of light into his face. Something as simple as a white card or white tee-shirt would help considerably.

Hi, and welcome!

Since most people are vertical, you should turn your camera vertical for portraits such as this. That way you could include the top of his head. Also, you need more light on your subject's face. Often you can (when out in the sun) use something white to reflect a bit of light into his face. Something as simple as a white card or white tee-shirt would help considerably.

Thank you for this tip!

Hello!!
You have to be carreful at cutting people heads, like in this one you should focus on the child head so you have to get the entire head of the child.Als, when you are shooting a portrait you should let a little bit of space from the child head and the background ( if you understand what I want to say).And the child face is darker, try to light it by facing the child to the sun, or something else.

I like how you focused and the background is amazing, what type of lens are you using?

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I will bear it in mind when shooting portrait.
I used Canon EF-S 18-135mm

Never cut a subjects head off also make sure you focus on the eye

Most reactions

Back