New...kind of.

medic001918

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. I’ve had an account for a while, but never really posted much. About ten years ago I used to try to shoot regularly, but as life got in the way my camera went into a bag and was brushed aside.

I’ve recently made the decision to start shooting again for fun and for business. I’m a full time firefighter, but I also own an auto detail business where imaging is a way to convey the quality of our work.

The other motivation for shooting again is to escape a bit, but also that we recently took custody of my wife’s cousins four children on what looks to be a long term (maybe permanent) basis. So given the expanding family (my daughter is off to college next fall), there will be ample things to shoot photos of regardless of the outcome.

Last year I upgraded my old Nikon D80 to a D750 with a 24-120 kit lens. My D80 had a low quality 18-55, 70-300 Tamron and a nice Nikon 50.

I recently made the investment into truly good glass all for the full frame format. I ended up with the following lenses because I have a variety of goals to shoot and since I feel invested, it’ll push me to make time to shoot besides for the business.

I have:

24-120 kit lens
35 1.8 Nikon
50 1.8 Nikon
85 1.8 Nikon
105 2.8 Macro Sigma
70-200 2.8 Sigma
150-500 5-6.3 Sports Sigma (found a deal I couldn’t pass on and wanted a great sports/wildlife lens)

So now with the investment made, its time to increase my knowledge and start taking a ton of photos! Hopefully I get good ones worth sharing.

Hi, and welcome back to the forum. Nice kit you have and I look forward to seeing some images.

Welcome to TPF! We're happy you decided to join in.

Sounds like you have a variety of subjects to shoot, and a nice kit to pull from. Don't over think it, just shoot whatever attracts your interest. Post your work here for feedback and discussion. It's a great way to get started on your journey.

Keep posting and have fun!

Thanks everyone! I shot a few photos of a car we just finished up today. It’s cold out though so it was somewhat rushed since I also had to get it back to its owner and pick up the next one they’re having done!

I’ll post some pics once I go through them!

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back