New KP

@pez Pentax appreciates you LOL I think you'll definitely see a big improvement at 51,200 and below, such that you might actually start using the higher ISO. For those shooting wildlife with telephotos, I'd think the combination of the ability to actually use a higher ISO coupled with the improved in camera stabilization would be a win-win.

Hahaha yeah, Pentax lerves me. Counting film, I have ten Pentax bodies (including two K-o1's, just because)... :concern:

EDIT: 11 bodies. I forgot about the Q :eek-new:

Last edited:
It arrived this afternoon! :boogie:

33032640341_15b3bb74e7_o.jpg

phone photo...

And no posts yet???

Waay away, with 300mm, for the heck of it. iso6400, cropped...
32782969940_a1f0a1c203_o.jpg

If this was out of camera then I can already see improved rendering at 6400 over my K3II

Any noise adjustment in camera or post? I've been experimenting with the High ISO Noise Reduction option in the K3ii menu. It seems to help, especially on Chroma Noise.

@jcdeboever come on over to the dark side (Pentax) we are a small and "very select" group.

Well, I didn't realize that I still had the camera set to default JPEG, so it wasn't a RAW and may well have had noise reduction applied. I thought it looked pretty good, considering it's an out of camera JPEG... I am really liking the ergonomics on this camera! I was very iffy about it from the ad photos, but everything definitely works together. I'm slowly getting the buttons optimized for my needs and learning the dials. That front dial is no problem at all- was especially concerned about it- it fits in with the traditional shutter release location quite well. Once I put the largest grip on it, the feel became just right. It's going to be an extremely fun camera to use!
If this was out of camera then I can already see improved rendering at 6400 over my K3II

@pez on the K3ii (also on K3) i can't find a definitive answer on if the High ISO noise reduction works on a raw file. I recently tried mine with it on and off. To me the raw files with it on looked like there was less color noise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back