New Leica S System ...

Timbo1961

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I know that Leica is a real niche market, but with all the talk of the 24 MP Nikon and Canon models ....
Take a look at the new Leica model .... 37.5 MP on a new format sensor ... 30x45mm ... new lenses for the new format with dual shutters!!
Can't find prices any where ... I guess if you have to ask, you can't afford it!:lol:

Ya it is expensive. It will be easier to justify some MF for the price Leica will ask for the S2 and each lens.

I'm wondering if one day the other brands will follow suit. It would give them a chance to sell a whole bunch more lenses.

The camera made its debute at photokina. The camera is not available yet. I've seen estimates between $25,000 and $45,000 for the camera and it is aimed at commercial use rather than consumers.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139076

All of the leica fans are hoping that the technology will trickle down to products us normal folks can afford. (just like anything else.. automotive comes to mind). Many are hoping that the "trickle" will come in the form of an R10 to replace the R9 and discontinued DMR.

Most reactions

Back