New Lens (C&C Please)

decado

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just replaced my 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS with a 70-300 f/4-5.6 USM and here are some new shots I got. What do you think?

FallAtThePark-01.jpg

FallAtThePark-04.jpg

FallAtThePark-02.jpg

FallAtThePark-03.jpg

#5 (This one was taken with my 18-55 kit lens)
FallAtThePark-05.jpg

This picture is the same as #4 but with a different white balance, which balance do you think I should use with this picture (and the other ones I posted).
FallAtThePark-06.jpg

Hmm, really? No one has anything to say? (Bump)

Try posting the images at 100% so we can see the sharpness of your glass.

I like #4 - love the colors there.

#6 too cold, don't like it

I would, but I don't really know how to, doesn't photobucket compress your images anyways? I'd buy a flickr account so that I can post full sized uncompressed TIFF files but I just don't have the money atm.

#1 isn't too interesting, but I like the rest of them! The fall colors are really nice :)

By the way, why did you switch from the 55-250mm to the 70-300mm? I'm looking at telephoto lenses and have debated between these two, and was leaning toward the 55-250mm, but how do you feel about the two lenses in comparison? Do you prefer the 70-300mm for any reasons?

#1 isn't too interesting, but I like the rest of them! The fall colors are really nice :)

By the way, why did you switch from the 55-250mm to the 70-300mm? I'm looking at telephoto lenses and have debated between these two, and was leaning toward the 55-250mm, but how do you feel about the two lenses in comparison? Do you prefer the 70-300mm for any reasons?
I had some IS problems that was also causing my LCD to distort and make loud noises in live view mode so I returned it, I then decided that I might as well dish out the extra $350 and get a much higher quality lens. The 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM is quite a bit sharper than the 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS.

I would, but I don't really know how to, doesn't photobucket compress your images anyways? I'd buy a flickr account so that I can post full sized uncompressed TIFF files but I just don't have the money atm.

I'm not sure if Photobucket is compressing the files again but the image I uploaded last night appears to be ok.

Otherwise you can sign up with a ton of free web hosting companies. They give you 20, 50 or 100MB of free web space - who cares if it is ad supported?

No need to spend money.

Most reactions

Back