++ New lens! Engagement photos C&C! ++

Noonz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! I bought a Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens a week ago, some friends of mine asked me to take a couple of photos for their engagement. I love the lens, its very sharp! Still adjusting to it though.. would love to hear some C&C on these shots :D

regr.jpg

dsc0523p.jpg

dsc0497.jpg

dsc0470a.jpg

dsc0370u.jpg

Lovely looking couple. One comment is to watch for cut off feet and elbows. Otherwise nicely done.

Lovely looking couple. One comment is to watch for cut off feet and elbows. Otherwise nicely done.
I thought it was a decent enough "cut" thus didn't mention anything.

Thank you for you feedback:)
What f/stop did you use? Seems a bit soft

f/stop was 1.8 - im still getting used to the lens, any suggestions on how to improve it would be great. Thanks

^ i would say that when your taking portraits of more that one subject your gonna have to bump it up a bit...their not in the same focus plain so one or both of them is going to be soft

Nice set, I agree with gsgary about going too low. The funny thing about cutting off feet and elbows. I was at a seminar last weekend with a well known Canadian photographer who does weddings and specializes in kids photography. Has 5 studios and had shot everywhere. He was showing a slideshow presentation and I would say 75% of his portraits of kids were horizontal. I mean what gives, I have always been told that 95% of the time on portraits use vertical not horizontal. It just goes to show that not everyone follows the rules and sometimes are quite successful. He dissected these kids at knees, elbows, bellies. Was all over the place. Didn't mean to hijack your thread, I guess the point I am saying is if you have a vision don't be afraid to be different. Try something new. Just make sure you know your gear inside and out first lol. Best way to do that is too keep practicing. I liked the set. On number 3 I would have liked them to be about 2 inches left.

Thanks for the heads up all.

The couple wanted some 'close ups' it was really difficult not to cut any limbs off to achieve this. I'm usually very aware of my composition.

Thanks again, any other comments are welcome

Most reactions

Back