Simons
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Dec 18, 2009
- Messages
- 56
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Cheshire, UK
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hey
I'm looking at buying a new lens for my camera for my birthday, and need some help!
I'm fairly new to photography so my equipment is pretty basic.
I currently have a Canon 1000d, with the standard lens on it.
What i am looking for with my new lens:
+ Greater zoom
+ Better aperture range
This is because at the moment, with my current setup i have to get very close to an subject to achieve a shallow depth of field. I want to be able to achieve it from a greater distance.
Am i best buying a new lens for my camera, or would i be better upgrading my camera from the 1000d to something else. Or both!?
My current budget is around £400 - £500 (plus if i upgrade camera then another £200)
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Nic
I'm looking at buying a new lens for my camera for my birthday, and need some help!
I'm fairly new to photography so my equipment is pretty basic.
I currently have a Canon 1000d, with the standard lens on it.
What i am looking for with my new lens:
+ Greater zoom
+ Better aperture range
This is because at the moment, with my current setup i have to get very close to an subject to achieve a shallow depth of field. I want to be able to achieve it from a greater distance.
Am i best buying a new lens for my camera, or would i be better upgrading my camera from the 1000d to something else. Or both!?
My current budget is around £400 - £500 (plus if i upgrade camera then another £200)
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Nic