New lens - heaven! :)

JodieO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jottephotography.com
I just got my Nikkor 70-200/2.8 VR... total snapshots with it yesterday... I'm in love with the clarity - these are straight out of camera, resized with a bicubic sharper. No editing... I'm thrilled! :) I purposely did these in full sun, looking for problems.

My husband plays semi pro football, this is going to be a dream shooting him this year... my cheap 70-300/3.5 is history! :)

sooc3.jpg

sooc4.jpg

It is indeed a great lens. A few other people on this forum use it for wildlife, and it always produces stunning sharpness, color, and contrast. Congrats! :)

You're gonna LOVE it. I have the same one (for Canon 70-200 2.8L IS) and it's just a fantastic lens. Enjoy and post lots of pics!

Roughly how much does a lens like this go for? I'm about to make the cross into the dSLR realm so I need to do some homework on lenses. Those are amazing pics though... very impressive.

Man that dog is all tongue.

About $1600.
But then once you get it you'll "need" glass of that quality to cover your entire range. I can't go back to the 17-80 after seeing the images from my 70-200 f/2.8 so now that range will be covered with the 28-70 f/2.8 and a 12-24 f/4. The issue isn't with the cost of the lens, it's the cost of all the other lenses you'll need all of a sudden.

dsp921 said:
About $1600.
But then once you get it you'll "need" glass of that quality to cover your entire range. I can't go back to the 17-80 after seeing the images from my 70-200 f/2.8 so now that range will be covered with the 28-70 f/2.8 and a 12-24 f/4. The issue isn't with the cost of the lens, it's the cost of all the other lenses you'll need all of a sudden.

Yep! I will never go cheap again!

I have the 28-70/2.8 ED. I don't usually need wider than that, especially with portraits (distortion doesn't work well with portraits! lolol!), but for nature/landscapes, I decided to go with a cheaper macro (105/2.8 Sigma) and a cheaper super wide (10-20mm/3.5- Sigma)... other than that, I have a 50mm/1.4 and a 85mm/1.8 for portraits as well when I am in the mood to shoot with a prime.

But as far as zooms, I cannot get over the difference between GREAT glass and cheap glass...

Playing with my new toy. Picked up the D200 kit today. Lens's,filters and flash will be next week.
Jake.jpg

Hey! You got a GSP too? Is yours as crazy as mine? Mine just killed two black snakes in my backyard - a four foot one and a five foot one! She's not even six months old yet! :)

Very nice lens, and it should be for over 2K! I'm hoping to get the 80-200 f/2.8 soon, but that's also expensive.

Jake, who is pictured above is 3.5 yrs. He looks into the tree top's for hours hoping to catch a squirl or bird. He weigh's almost 95 lbs. He doesnt have much fat. We rescued him from a Kansas shelter just before he was to be put down. He was 55 lbs then, bones were showing

Gretta who is pictured below is 4 yrs old. We have had her since she was 8 weeks.

kids067.jpg

Most reactions

Back