New lens, new photo.

mcleish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone.
Purchased a Tokina 12-24mm lens and i have to say, i really like it! Really like the wideness and the distortion that comes with it.
Im still learning all the time but i took it out for the first time the other day and couldn't believe how close you can get to your subject. Im still working on composition so lets see what you guys think.

DSC_0049 by mcleishlad, on Flickr

DSC_0044 by mcleishlad, on Flickr

I think the main things i need to learn with this lens is to get down low and close to the subject. Theres probably a lot more things i need to learn but thats a couple of things I've picked up on.
Thanks for looking.

Nice shots, I can't decide which I like more. I like the reflection of the city in the river and something about the tower rising into the sky, but I also like the color of the trees and the sculpture in the second photo against the blue sky. Did you use a polorizing filter on the lens?

Thanks for the comments patriot. Nah didn't use any filters for these - I read that it's not that good to use polarisers for wide angle lenses? Could be wrong.

Looks good. I was looking at the same lens recently. What are you using it with?

Also I am guessing you are in Melbourne Australia?

Got it with a D90.
Yeah currently in Melbourne. Off to India in a few weeks and can't wait to shoot their.

These images are really beautiful; i liked the distortion, the sky and the colors; i would like to see more images using this lens; would you please mention its price? :D

Thanks for your comments Frequency, appreciate it.
I bought it from the US, www.bhphotovideo.com. $449. I got the first version as I didn't think it was worth spending the extra money on an internal motor and a new lens coating. I'm really happy so far.

Most reactions

Back