New Lens

ISU_Fan3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey all Sorry if this has been posted already but I am starting to look for a new lens! I have a sigma 70-200 2.8 and a sigma 17-50 2.8, I am looking for a lens that over laps the 2. I will be shooting basketball and wrestling (hate gym lighting!). I feel the 17-50 is to short but the 70-200 is to long! Does you have any recommendations? Oh I have a Canon t5i body!

Thanks for the ideas! I will have to try them out! I always have a hard time with figuring out which lenses I want/need!!

If light levels are high enough that you can lose a stop of aperture, or if you can make up for it in ISO, you may also want to consider a 24-105mm f/4 lens, either from Canon or Sigma.

If light levels are high enough that you can lose a stop of aperture, or if you can make up for it in ISO, you may also want to consider a 24-105mm f/4 lens, either from Canon or Sigma.
From my experience shooting in artificial light situation usually means very limited lighting thus you want as fast glass as posible, in too many cases I am forced to shoot with my Nikon 85mm f1.8 simply because its a very fast glass.
24-105mm is a great focal range but in most cases you might find f4 is just too limiting when shooting in a gym.

Thanks for the tips! I know primes are fast but I think I would prefer to have a zoom because I take pictures of multiple kids that all play different positions so I think a zoom would work better. Yes artificle lights are difficult so I do think an f4 would be to slow. Shooting in a gym is better then shooting under the lights of a poorly lit football field though!

Most reactions

Back