New Lens

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_1791 (2).jpg
So, I bought a new wi------de angle lens, an Altura 8mm, F3 that I picked up on amazon for $179.99. I guess you have to like fish-eye pics to want this lens and I do. Here are a couple of my first pics with it.

IMG_1798 (2).jpg

Edit: I would like to add that I took those pics just to see what the lens could do, to see how much subject matter the lens could capture and how it was with low light. I wasn't showing off the pics, just the lens' capabilities. I know it says Noob under my name but that's not to be taken as a noob with cameras. I think some people mistake that.

Last edited:
8mm on FX? That's super wide!
Yes, it is. The better to entice you with, Little Red! (Ha, I kid!) I probably won't use it a lot, just for particular scenes where you would 'really' reeeeally want everything in the pic and with that fish-eye perspective. Actually, I have an 18-55mm and the 18mm is great. I'm thinking now about buying a new lens for astrophotography, something around 14 mm. That would also work well as a standard, wide angle lens that isn't crazy wide like the 8mm is.

Last edited:
No replies?! C'mon, throw a dog a bone! :crushed:
Your choice of subject does not show the lens at its best.
I just got the lens. I got it in the evening two hours before I took the pic in my driveway and I wasn't going anywhere that night, cut me some slack Jack!
Edit: mostly, I just wanted to show how much this lens could gather, how wide angle it is, I wasn't trying to compose a real good shot.

Last edited:
Slack is cut.

This would actually work well to keep in the pocket just to get a different look for many types of shots.

I was thinking of picking up a fisheye to mess with in the studio.

Even with 36 MP of raw file to work with,crop-ability these days is incredible...I would imagine a 42- to 47-MP file would be better still...

Now get one of the new 40-50MP cameras and crop in to your heart's content!
Will it make a difference when viewing those pics on a 1080p monitor?
As long as the smallest you crop is more than 2000 pixels wide it won't make a difference. That way you can achieve a "simulated" focal range of a wide-to-standard zoom all with that lens.

Wow gorgeous ..just total beauty

Most reactions

Back