othersescape
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Sep 9, 2010
- Messages
- 4
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Indianapolis
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone!
I am still a beginner, but rather enjoy portrait photography. The subjects I shoot most often are people (close up portraits) and concert photography! So basically, I am wanting to know what would be the best lens for my D3000 for portrait photography, and the best lens for low light concert photography. They do not have to be Nikon....I would actually prefer to hear about cheaper, but quality alternatives.
I know that the D3000 doesn't autofocus with certain lenses, so keep that in mind when you are suggesting some....
I would also love to get a fisheye (a real one, not one of those cheap adapters). I am trying to determine what brand would give me quality, a true fisheye look, for the most reasonable price. With the fisheye, I am not as concerned about the brand or anything like that. I just want something that works for a reasonable price.
Here is some of my work (almost everything was shot with the stock lens) to give you an idea of the style I am going for.
Collection: Photography
Thanks for your input everyone! I am just having the hardest time getting opinions on lenses for my D3000 so anything you can tell me would help!
-Violet
I am still a beginner, but rather enjoy portrait photography. The subjects I shoot most often are people (close up portraits) and concert photography! So basically, I am wanting to know what would be the best lens for my D3000 for portrait photography, and the best lens for low light concert photography. They do not have to be Nikon....I would actually prefer to hear about cheaper, but quality alternatives.
I know that the D3000 doesn't autofocus with certain lenses, so keep that in mind when you are suggesting some....
I would also love to get a fisheye (a real one, not one of those cheap adapters). I am trying to determine what brand would give me quality, a true fisheye look, for the most reasonable price. With the fisheye, I am not as concerned about the brand or anything like that. I just want something that works for a reasonable price.
Here is some of my work (almost everything was shot with the stock lens) to give you an idea of the style I am going for.
Collection: Photography
Thanks for your input everyone! I am just having the hardest time getting opinions on lenses for my D3000 so anything you can tell me would help!
-Violet