New/Less experienced photographersnLOOK HERE!

JerryPH

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very cool virtual camera, learn a few concepts:

[ C A M E R A S I N T E R A C T I V E ]

Also, please, please, please don't unwrap a new camera, slap the battery into it and crank it into auto mode, take a few pics and ask for CC of your FIRST pictures with it, sheesh, take the time to at least learn the basics like aperture, shutter, ISO and get to know the basic functions of your camera before asking for a critique!!!!!

This is cool. I found something similiar to this a few years ago and have been looking for it ever since. Thanks

Also, please, please, please don't unwrap a new camera, slap the battery into it and crank it into auto mode, take a few pics and ask for CC of your FIRST pictures with it, sheesh, take the time to at least learn the basics like aperture, shutter, ISO and get to know the basic functions of your camera before asking for a critique!!!!!

Thanks, this needed to be said. I'm new to this forum and photography and i think i've only posted 3 or 4 pictures that i did well after i started learning aperture and shutterspeed.

I'm going to disagree slightly, I would suggest unwrap your camera, slap a battery in it and take a ton of shots using auto, you will then learn tha capabilities of the camera as to clarity, exposure etc..

Then, and only then, start messing with the other modes and try and improve on what the camera can do in auto. Those are the shots to post here so people can suggest how they can be improved even more.

I suggest this because a lot of people would get frustrated if they ignored auto completely and their first 100 shots or so were badly exposed or blurry.

another perspective.

I use shutter-priority. I don't like aperture priority because I can't control the shutter speed. That being said, I've also found that depending on the situation, I switch over the the pre-set modes, just to see how it's doing it...sometimes, its better than the settings that I know to use. So i investigate what settings are being used (ISO, Shutter speed, aperture, white balance) to achieve the effect when i seem to be failing. I've noticed that a lot of people on here show disdain for the "pre-sets"...while I don't use them, they are also setting that have been put in the camera by people who know how the camera works. I try to learn from them. I don't use them because i love controlling shutter speed myself, but on occassion, i will.

Example - yesterday..i used the child icon to take pictures of my daughter unwrapping gifts (she's 2)...and they were just as good as what I was using...i just didn't have to worry about settings.

n64-kid.jpg

OMG IT'S A NINTEN.. oh wait :D

Kind of pointless, you have unlimited shots with a digital card, use it. Don't stay in front of a computer, go out, and try, then ask questions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back