New Member in Missouri

Allen121

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!

Thought I'd pop my head in and greet everyone. Looking forward to getting to know some people on here and enjoy other people's work. =)

I just moved from Northern California to Central Missouri, getting my in home studio set up and preparing the brave the cold to see if I can find these Bald Eagles I keep hearing about that supposedly swarm the river areas like pigeons this time of year! I'm really hoping it's true, because it's COLD out there!! Would hate to go out and see only one or two birds out of the range of my lenses when it's like 7 degrees, lol!! Really eager for spring though, when everything comes out of hibernation and the woods really come to life! =)

~Allen

Welcome from another new member here and also a former Northern California (SF Bay) resident.

I stayed in that area of TX for a month or so, years ago. Was a nice place to visit.

Hi!

Thought I'd pop my head in and greet everyone. Looking forward to getting to know some people on here and enjoy other people's work. =)

I just moved from Northern California to Central Missouri, getting my in home studio set up and preparing the brave the cold to see if I can find these Bald Eagles I keep hearing about that supposedly swarm the river areas like pigeons this time of year! I'm really hoping it's true, because it's COLD out there!! Would hate to go out and see only one or two birds out of the range of my lenses when it's like 7 degrees, lol!! Really eager for spring though, when everything comes out of hibernation and the woods really come to life! =)

~Allen

Welcome to TPF from another Missourian. Bleepin' eagles swarm like flies on compost here this time of year. I'm not a bird photographer and don't have the appropriate hardware or interest (24mm on a FF is my idea of the perfect lens) but here's a grab shot I took last winter just for evidence:

forty_eagles.jpg

You can count at least 40 eagles in those trees and if I looked a little to the right there were 40 more and if I looked a little to the left there were 40 more. They were takin' a break from fishin' in the Mississippi.

Joe

Fantastic! I hope they gather in at least half those numbers along the Missouri River near the Miami boat launch area! That's about 20 minutes from me, as opposed to about a 3+ hour drive.

Fantastic! I hope they gather in at least half those numbers along the Missouri River near the Miami boat launch area! That's about 20 minutes from me, as opposed to about a 3+ hour drive.

You'll find them -- they come down here in the winter following open water -- find the open water and fish. Look for access places less frequented by people -- I drive along the tops of the levees and that's where I ran into this batch.

Joe

Hello and welcome to the forum...

Welcome to the site.

013_3609 -1e2.jpg
Thanks for all the welcome posts. I did get a few good shots at Miami, but the south side of the river was frozen over and the Eagles were all staying to the north bank where there was no access, leaving me only a couple chances to get a shot when one would do a flyby on my side.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back