What's new

New member saying hello

ryan659

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 14, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Hello everyone,

Just introducing myself, my name is Ryan and I picked up my first DSLR camera about 8 months ago or so. Most of my pictures are of my car since I'm an auto enthusiast but I also like taking scenery and wildlife pictures.

My camera is the Nikon D3200 with the 18-55 lens (whatever it comes with in the box). I also have a tripod and a polarizing lens which I love. I'm looking to pick up three more lens pretty soon, I want one with a low f stop for some night time photos and a zoom lens for the wildlife photography. Also want a wide angle lens for landscape pictures when the wife and I go on vacation.

The only software I use to edit my photos is the View NX2 that came with the camera. It works well for me since its pretty basic with sliders and that's about it.

Trying this again:

View attachment 64459

View attachment 64460

View attachment 64461

View attachment 64462

View attachment 64463

View attachment 64464

$9456978590_db73bbda4e_b.webp
 
Last edited:
Most of your photos aren't visible. It's easier to get critiques if you only post 2-3 anyways. As far as the first photo, there's a couple things you could work on.
I don't think the car is sharply focused.
You are getting an ugly lens glare from shooting into the sun. I would make sure your lens is verrrrry clean before shooting into the sun, and even then you'll probably get a bit of flare without a filter.
I think the composition would be a lot better if you lowered the angle.

I checked your flickr and really like your long exposures! Very cool. The one thing I would recommend to change in your shooting style is to embrace getting low. I think it would help on a lot of the photos.
 
Welcome to the site. I can only see the first three pictures as mentioned by striving.

Of those three, they all look underexposed to me.
 
okay, well that didn't work out nearly as well as it was supposed to. So instead of uploading old to new. I uploaded just a few new ones.
 
Last edited:
Most of your photos aren't visible. It's easier to get critiques if you only post 2-3 anyways. As far as the first photo, there's a couple things you could work on.
I don't think the car is sharply focused.
You are getting an ugly lens glare from shooting into the sun. I would make sure your lens is verrrrry clean before shooting into the sun, and even then you'll probably get a bit of flare without a filter.
I think the composition would be a lot better if you lowered the angle.

I checked your flickr and really like your long exposures! Very cool. The one thing I would recommend to change in your shooting style is to embrace getting low. I think it would help on a lot of the photos.

Noted and fixed :) the first ones visible to you guys were first couple of attempts. Since then, much has changed, I hope :)

Welcome to the site. I can only see the first three pictures as mentioned by striving.

Of those three, they all look underexposed to me.

Thank you. They were, it was a problem in the beginning


Thank you, not nearly complete though :lol:
 
In all honesty, the first and third, while well exposed (to my eye), don't do much for me. The middle one has potential. Keep practicing, you've got a great start, it looks like. Oh, and welcome. :albino:
 
In all honesty, the first and third, while well exposed (to my eye), don't do much for me. The middle one has potential. Keep practicing, you've got a great start, it looks like. Oh, and welcome. :albino:

I can take honesty :) you won't get better if people won't tell you what's wrong.......constructively :)

I don't really like the first one either. the shot was originally supposed to have the moon in it but my lens can't capture the moon, it comes out just as a ball of light :(

Thanks
 
Welcome to the party!!
 
Welcome aboard.
 
Bought a new prime lens today. DX 1.8 35mm.

First shot with it of my new Dragon in the Sky bonsai.

 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom