New Neighbors

Cute but don't leave any food of any kind out for them. I used to feed one cat I had outdoors until a family of them came around one day and chased my cat away. I had to start feeding the cat indoors to cut off their food supply and make them go away.

Last edited:
Cute but don't leave any food of any kind out for them. I used to feed one cat I had cat outdoors until a family of them came around one day and chased my cat away. I had to start feeding the cat indoors to cut off their food supply and make them go away.

We have one that rummages under the bird feeder at night. He seems content to do just that for now and my garbage pails are unmolested.

Cute but don't leave any food of any kind out for them. I used to feed one cat I had cat outdoors until a family of them came around one day and chased my cat away. I had to start feeding the cat indoors to cut off their food supply and make them go away.

We have one that rummages under the bird feeder at night. He seems content to do just that for now and my garbage pails are unmolested.
One probably isn't so bad. I tried to shoo them away one day and stomped my foot but instead of leading her kids away the mother came at me aggressively and I had to get inside real quick. That's where I drew the line.

Definitely DO NOT FEED / HABITUATE them, a total disservice to any wild animal. Raccoons even at the juvenile stage get highly competitive around food sources and I have dealt with a number of situations of humans being bitten while hand feeding raccoons. A known vector species for rabies, raccoons are best observed from afar for the safety of the observer and the raccoon(s).

Mike ☘️

Really nice photographs.

Mike ☘️

My perro was barking on the deck after dark and I made him come in. Next day he was doing the same and my wife went out to investigate and these cubs were strolling along the fence.
The next door neighbor has the mother and cubs living in her attic space.
I'm not going to feed them or invite them in.

They are just about the only critter we have here I've yet to see in my yard. We've had everything from black bears to porcupines here. Nice pics.

Most reactions

Back