New Nikon 7500

You have 4 Shooting Menu Banks A-D
IMG_9709.JPG

At the top of the Custom Settings you can select which Bank to use.
IMG_9707.JPG

The 2 top configs
IMG_9708.JPG

and you can Name them too
IMG_9710.JPG

but it's all not perfect ==> Custom Banks vs U1/U2: Nikon Pro DX SLR (D500, D300, D200, D100) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Last edited:
Moving to a D500 means giving up U1 and U2. I am much more comfortable giving up the 2nd card than I would be giving up the User Settings that the prosumer models have.
Correct, the D500 does *not* have U1 and U2.

But it does have "Photo Shooting Menu banks" of A, B, C and D.
I only have 2 banks set up but they are similar to the U1 U2 .. I think, I never actually used those. see pg 283 in the D500 manual.

You do have to turn ON the "Extended Photo menu banks" in order to also store Shutter, Aperture and Flash.

So you may want to look into that feature as an alternative to the U1 and U2.

such as this info ==> https://www.rockynook.com/samples/1007/Sample_Pages.pdf
Looks like a lot of menu diving compared to just turning a knob.

Looks like a lot of menu diving compared to just turning a knob.

OR ... you set a button and then turn a wheel versus turning a knob.

thought you might want to see the details rather than an answer ... "push a button and turn your wheel"

You do have to set each A-D to use the "F1 - wheel" feature.

normally before I buy a camera I'll test it and go through the menus etc, research online ,etc to see all the features and functions versus what I need to use it for. You may want to at least go through the menu.s /manual and duplicate the features that are important to you.

See how easy it is ....

Last edited:
In Reference to the D500 Shooting Banks
I've started using the A-D Shooting Modes.
It's quite handy actually.

For instance for A- aircraft I set the base on Manual, 1/2000 Shutter, f/8 (as I use my 150-600 which is sharpest at f8), Auto ISO, D25 area mode, AF-C, I have the camera not include Auto Area, D153, etc Area Modes so they are not included as AF options so I can more quickly change between the AF options that I use, and several other features.

Then my B is for general work in AF-S and more of a studio setup.
C for astrophotography setup
D for macro setup

I'll probably do different directory names too for each bank so it's easier to organize them when I import them into different catalogs.

And all I do to switch between them is hit Function-1 and rotate my rear dial.
Pretty neat, and super fast.

Most reactions

Back