Reaction score
Website
neilsphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have some questions about the above lens
  1. Has anyone on here got one
  2. If you have one......any regrets buying it
  3. Has anyone that has this lens taken it on a Safari......very dusty conditions
  4. Has anyone that has this lens used it in up to minus -15 degrees
  5. Last but not lease how does it compare to the Nikon 70/200 as far as IQ is concerned
Thanks in advance........... I also have another question related to the above but will wait and see what kind of response I get to this as that might answer my other question

For that money I am buying the Sigma 150-600.....just my 2 cents

I don't own one, but I have shot with one. I personally think it is overpriced for what it is. I would probably pick the 200-500 or one of the 150-600's first. You already have a 70-200 F2.8 with the money saved you could add a D7100 to your little arsenal. of course, just MHO

You might want to look to see if anyone has started a Nikon 80-400 mm lens thread in the Nikon Lenses forum.

This forum is for posting Nature and Wildlife photos, and I was disappointed no photos were posted that were made with the Nikon 80-400 mm f/4-5.6 lens.

I don't have this lens but one thing that I always do when investigating image quality besides reading technical reviews is perform a search on Flickr using the lens model as a tag. This way you get to potentially see thousands of images taken with the lens in question.

3. Has anyone that has this lens taken it on a Safari......very dusty conditions
  5. Last but not lease how does it compare to the Nikon 70/200 as far as IQ is concerned
Thanks in advance........... I also have another question related to the above but will wait and see what kind of response I get to this as that might answer my other question

Check out Thom Hogan's bythom.com and his d-slr website...he is VERY keen on the new 80-400 VR lens, its performance, and its performance with current Nikons like the D7200. HE took it on safari, to Africa and I Antarctica within the past year, and got results he was very happy with. He has written multiple articles on how well it works.

# 5 - I think the 70-200 falls short in IQ from 201 to 400mm
So the 80-400 would be superior from 201 to 400 compared to the 70-200
:)

I have one, and have taken some nice images on a tripod, however if you are handholding the lens it stinks, the VR seems to be locking and steadying the image that will not be clear when multiplied and cropped in a computer. I will never buy another VR of any type again. Here is a better image taken with this lens. DSC_0198 I know that some will differ, but for me it's 2.8 or less from now on, this gives you speed which translates into clarity.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back