NEW NIKON CAMERA! THE NIKON D3200! 24.2 Megapixels <3

Nikon is supposed to announce a new 28mm f/1.8 G-series FX wide-angle lens today...it was accidentally-on-purpose shown on the Nikon Sweden site earlier today. Wow...1080p video and 24.2 MP in an entry-level camera!

Puts my d3100 to shame! I don't even know if my mac could cope with a 22MP RAW file at the moment.

if you have an i-series dual core or above you should be fine; only other consideration is ram really (if you have a 2011 model macbook pro you can support up to 16gb ram)

have to remember that the 5d mark ii shooters were using pre i-series (Core 2 series) processors when their 21mp camera came about...

Does this replace the d5100 or is it inbetween the 3100 and d5100? Is a d5200 next? Unfortunatly I just bought my d5100.

The D3200 replaces the D3100, and adds a new, low-priced wireless transmitter option that will allow the shooter to upload photos to his or her smart phone at up to 49 feet distance. I have a strong feeling that a D5200 will be introduced...certainly the D5100 cannot remain a viable seller in its market segment and for its **target audience** with a lower-spec'd body having a vastly higher MP count...that would just be a sales disaster. It looks like, as with Sony, who makes the sensor, that the "new" 16MP is...24.2 MP!!! Sony has gone to 24 MP across multiple models.

This seems a little strange, you're "in love" with a camera you have not yet to even receive?

I dunno about that STM...I'm in love with Miranda Kerr...and I have only seen her on-line...

This seems a little strange, you're "in love" with a camera you have not yet to even receive?

I dunno about that STM...I'm in love with Miranda Kerr...and I have only seen her on-line...

Derrel, you're in love with the idea of being in love with Miranda Kerr (she's very easy on the eye, for sure). I wonder how quickly you might fall out of love if you had actually met her ;)

Yes Derrel, but we all know you're a lech, and after all we are talking about INANIMATE THINGS without killer _______________ (insert body part of your choice here)! :lmao:

Back in the 6-megapixel days, I tested a Kodak 14n, a 14-megapixel, full-frame SLR camera. I was ASTOUNDED, literally ASTOUNDED at the simply incredible amount of detail that camera was able to resolve. It was just simply incredible at the time, to shoot images that had simply more information than I had ever been able to get. I expect that the 24 MP of the D3200 is going to be similar to people who are coming from lower-MP count cameras. They will be able to make images that have more crop-ability than they have ever experienced.

This new level of MP count marks yet another big advancement in d-slr development. Three years ago, 24 MP cost $8,000.

Nikon is setting the bar extremely high for entry level now. Watch Canon release something to compete with it with better recording and making the camera an actual wifi hotspot :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back