New old rookie.... old sample photo

jdmartin8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here's a photo of what it looks like from our property in the Smoky Mountains. This pic was taken a few years ago, and I admit, composition is horrible, as well as not a very good pic.

ScanImage001.jpg

I hope to get a LOT better at this with everyone's help !!!! (I hope !!)

Jim

well, judging by how beautiful your surroundings are you will not be short of inspiration.
what i found is that as soon as i knew the relationship between shutter speed and aperture and how depth of field worked the technical side was "easy" if you know what i mean...
what is important is that you can look at your surroundings and be inspired to "CREATE"...there must be soooo much to shoot (not literally, i am a vegan) in them thar woods!

hope to see some more of your shots soon
roon

Thanks, roon. It's true, the photo opportunities are endless. Most of the time, I find myself overwhelmed, not really knowing what to shoot. I've begun to look at scenes differently now, and I am discovering locations around nearly every corner. I'm not vegan, but the only wildlife shot I will ever take is with my camera, 'sides, you get caught with a firearm in the Smoky Mountain National Park, and you are going to be in SERIOUS trouble in a hurry !!! It's taken very seriously, and I'm glad.

Lot's of ice here now, so not much chance to get out and shoot.

Thanks again...

jim

Most reactions

Back