New paper weight!

SkipT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well last night I was downloading pics off my D7000 to my computer, had finished copying them and the camera just powers off. I didn't see it, I heard it disconnect from the computer. Now I can't get it to power back on. I first thought maybe the battery had died so I swaped for a fresh one. Nothing, I guess its a call to nikon support, thing is I was going to sell this body anyhow so I won't be putting anything into to get it fixed. So if its not fixed for free its going to be a paper weight. Any ide as before I spend hours on the phone?

Well nikon support fixed me over the phone :) Nice to know you can still get phone support. Seems my problem was really just the battery going dead and me thinking that my spare which I have not used in a few months was still charged up. Just go's you should not assume anything :)

Well, Skip, welcome to the Homer Simpson club!!!

"Do'ah!!!!!!" We've allll done stuff that's equally dumb, or dumber.

A year ago, I came out of the grocery store and tried to open the trunk on a vehicle that looked like mine. I started cursing because the G******ed key wouldn't open the trunk and my 9 year-old son said, "Dad, this isn't our car...we're parked right over there," as he motioned to another car, same make,model and paint color, four cars to the left of the one I was trying to get into...

"Do'ah!!!"

A million years ago, I worked in the forestry industry for a while. The single most common cause of failure among chainsaws brought in for service was: failure to turn the On/Off switch to the On position.

It happens ;) Glad you're sorted!

A year ago, I came out of the grocery store and tried to open the trunk on a vehicle that looked like mine. I started cursing because the G******ed key wouldn't open the trunk and my 9 year-old son said, "Dad, this isn't our car...we're parked right over there," as he motioned to another car, same make,model and paint color, four cars to the left of the one I was trying to get into...

"Do'ah!!!"

It's Da'oh!

"Do'ah!!!"

Ha. That same scenario has played out with me and a different time with my wife... Funnier when it happened to my wife.

I agree, I felt a total fool hahaha. I will say the Nikon rep told me that it happens alot, thats why its on the check list.

I think this tops Derrel's contribution. At least he didn't spend an hour digging what he thought was his car out of a snow drift.
That was a Dodge Dart, same color, etc. as mine. To make it worse, my key could actually open the door. At least I couldn't start the car with it.

"Do'ah!!!"

It's Da'oh!

Sorry, you're both wrong. D'oh - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Damn...I can't even spell a three-letter word properly!!!

"D'oh!"

$Homer.jpg

A few months ago I thought my new canon 60D shutter had a problem. Come to find out I had mirror lockup on but only after speaking on the horn with technical support. I turned it on and forgot about it. Because I was stressing over something being wrong I just completely went in duh mode and never even looked in the menu. The tech support was very friendly and made me feel less dumb about it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back