New Pentax, any input?

Very interesting specs ... if I had a Pentax film SLR I would get that.

The only thing I have against it is it's physical size ... as it may be too small for those with large hands.

It looks quite comfortable to hold. I also like the fact that it's built to operate in cold weather ( up to -10C)

It looks quite comfortable to hold. I also like the fact that it's built to operate in cold weather ( up to -10C)

-10C. is probably mild for wintertime in Ottawa! :D

skieur

It's only going to be as good as you are. The only trouble is that if you get better than it is then you will have to switch brands to have you're equipment keep up with you.

Understand that getting to be better than a good camera takes a Lot of work.

I currently own the k10d and am very pleased with it. If I didn't already have the k10, I would surely look into this new model. For me though, I don't really have a burning need to upgrade. The obvious main advantage over the k10d or the k20d for most people is the video feature. I would think that most people looking for a higher end DSLR really aren't looking for a video camera though. I could care less if there is a video feature when I buy an SLR. So for me that is an expensive feature I don't want. The magnesium body, larger sensor, improved metering are all nice, but not sure it's worth it to me to upgrade. Again, if I didn't already have a pentax body, it would be the obvious choice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back