New Photographer - Need Camera Suggestions

DTRphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forums as well as DSLR Photography. I am looking for advice on a good camera to start out with. I would prefer Nikon. My dad uses Nikon so I'd like to be able to share lenses with him. (if not that ok to) My budget is set at about one thousand. I would like a camera that will do portraits nicely inside and outside. Portraits, Senior, Family, and others (no wedding) are my main focus.

I am moving to Alaska in a year and would like something that will also do nature as well.

I am planning to start a business with this camera since I love photography so much. I need something that I can use to start with then upgrade as my business makes money.

Thank you in advance

Since you're set on Nikon and budget is $1000 - the D90 or it's replacement. If you can swing for a nicer camera maybe go for full frame but it'll cost some more.

Wait a few more hours before deciding. The D7000 is supposed to be announced tonight.

The 22nd is when I need to make a decision, so I have some time. We are taking a vacation on the 26th so I'd like it before then.

Yeah, the d90, or its replacement would be good. If you're willing to buy second hand, you could look at the d300.

The Nikon D7000 was announced last night, and it's pretty damn sexy for $1199 (body only, kit for $1499).

I'm seriously considering replacing my D5000 with it. It actually competes really well with the $1800 D300s.

Hi i put a post up about the same subject this week might be on page two now. I also have or had a $1000 budget but now i am going to save abit more and get the nikon D7000. As i was looking at the nikon D90 aswell.

Did you get my pm?

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forums as well as DSLR Photography. I am looking for advice on a good camera to start out with. I would prefer Nikon. My dad uses Nikon so I'd like to be able to share lenses with him. (if not that ok to) My budget is set at about one thousand. I would like a camera that will do portraits nicely inside and outside. Portraits, Senior, Family, and others (no wedding) are my main focus.

I am moving to Alaska in a year and would like something that will also do nature as well.

I am planning to start a business with this camera since I love photography so much. I need something that I can use to start with then upgrade as my business makes money.

Thank you in advance

I have a D-90 with the kit 18-105mm lens, which I more or less replaced with the 18-200VR and a Tokina 12-24. It does everything I need and well beyond.

Give a very serious look at the brand new D3100 at about $700.00 I have taken a glance and I am very intrigued. As far as a business, many want to and most fail. So I say it is an unrealistic criteria for making a selection at this time. The D3100 is my recommendation to consider when it is released.

Digital SLR Cameras from Nikon

Most reactions

Back