What's new

New photographer. New outdoor photos... plz comment!

photosoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
202
Reaction score
1
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3605727824_a568bce731_b.jpg
3605720086_45815c8c27_b.jpg
3604865411_d665ef033b_b.jpg
3605680218_46449a7c30_b.jpg
3605676822_a71fd001d7_b.jpg
 
The second and fourth ones are my favorites. Thanks for sharing.
 
Yes indeed..... 2 and 4. Love the waterfalls. Good job!
 
I like the colors in #1 but it's too noisy.

#2 is nice but the waterfall is OOF.

On #3, the sky is blown out and it doesn't do much for me.

#4 is blurry and it looks too dark to me.
 
thanks for the input. for some reason one image isn't showing so here it is plus another. My favorite was actually the third pic (waterfall in 1st post). I created the movement with the water I intended but I was also happy with the focus and color with the green. I think I should have used a higher ISO on the last pic of first thread.
3605672998_0c5cdfb63a.jpg
3605749276_da14172f50.jpg
 
#2 is nice but the waterfall is OOF.

#4 is blurry and it looks too dark to me.
The reason the water in these shots are blurry is because photosoto was trying to capture a sense of movement in the water by using a slower shutter speed. He could have used a faster shutter speed and frozen the water so that it did look in focus, but you lose that sense of movement. Some photographers try to go for a silky look to the water by using even slower shutter speeds.

Waterfall Digital Photography
 
You used flash for the first one, assumingly. Not a great choise; try with a tripod instead.
 
You used flash for the first one, assumingly. Not a great choise; try with a tripod instead.

Yeah, I had no idea what it would do, so I was just trying different modes. The color turned out pretty though. Why would the flash turn the sky to purple/blue hues? what do you mean with the tripod?
 
anyone else?
 
Yeah, I had no idea what it would do, so I was just trying different modes. The color turned out pretty though. Why would the flash turn the sky to purple/blue hues?
It's probably a white balance issue. When you shot with the flash turned on the camera used the flash white balance setting. But since the flash couldn't illuminate the whole scene, the areas that the flash couldn't reach wouldn't need the flash white balance correction and ended up looking the way it does.
what do you mean with the tripod?
You mount the camera on a tripod and then let the camera use a slower shutter speed to let enough light in to expose the shoot. Since the camera is on the tripod you don't have to worry about camera shake making the picture blurry.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom