New Photographer

remingtonbox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I stumbled across this site while looking for some other photography help and liked what I saw so I stayed!
Anyway, I am brand new to this photography world. Here are some of the pictures I have taken. If you can show me how to edit them for a better look I am more than willing. Please critique them. I am using a Samsung S730 and tripod.
Thanks,
Remington

--EDIT--
How do I get rid of noise??? grrr...
forweb2.jpg

forweb1.jpg

forweb3.jpg

forweb4.jpg

forweb5.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

The best way to get rid of noise is to use a noise reduction software. Neat Image and Noise Ninja are two of the. Photoshop has a noise filter but it's not as good, from what I've heard.

Really, the best way is to avoid it in the first place. Use a low ISO setting and get a good exposure. Unfortunately, cameras with small sensors are prone to noise, especially at high ISO.

Hello and welcome!

Mike has it right on the noise issue. Some cameras are better than others but the only other thing is getting the exposure just right. If your camera has a histogram make sure that the "blob" is as far to the right (with out going over) as you can get it. This will involve as many pixels as possible and since noise is usually from a pixel that isn't otherwise occupied you just don't have as much noise.

If your camera has a histogram make sure that the "blob" is as far to the right (with out going over) as you can get it. This will involve as many pixels as possible and since noise is usually from a pixel that isn't otherwise occupied you just don't have as much noise.

Thanks. This is very helpful...I was just looking at mine yesterday wondering wtf it was...must go research this... :lol:

I downloaded some noise reduction software, did it help?
Also, where do you think I could improve? I am a total n00b!
Remington
forweb1_filtered.jpg

forweb2_filtered.jpg

Big difference.

Definitely better on the second set after the noise reduction. Try and lower the ISO on your camera I know you are shooting at night but you could probably still do it if you are shooting on a tripod.

I have also been messing with the color...How does this look.
forweb1_filtered1_filtered.jpg

I just want to have vivid clear pictures.
Remington

Most reactions

New Topics

Back