New photos

im wondering if this thread should be locked....
it's old and the OP isnt ever here anymore.

ANDS!...do you suppose that people would have been a little less aggressive if the OP had not been so defensive? she came off as a self-loving douche, and was replied to as such. now i havent been around here long, but i am quite sure that the good people of TPF would have been much nicer if she didnt rub people the wrong way. good riddance to her.

now let's close the book on this thread before it becomes a fight about the iraq war, and what defines a hero.

:meh:

Please define your, as whose?

The OP was pretty clear who they were directing this comment at. So other than trying to troll up a political response what else ya got?

do you suppose that people would have been a little less aggressive if the OP had not been so defensive? she came off as a self-loving douche, and was replied to as such.

Amazing. Really. Why were they defensive? Could it have had ANYTHING to do with the ridiculous unwarranted comments from members who ARE still here? "Self-loving douche"? I mean really. Again, aren't a majority of you adults - how about acting as such before this forum turns into another insular place where only veterans and new "butt kissers" feel comfortable joining.

The ratio of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to MOUTH VOMIT in this thread was wildly imbalanced. That was the problem or do you think "its ****" is a valid criticism? You'll note the OP ALSO was annoyed by the complimentary comments about her LOOKS.

Actually she got annoyed when someone suggested that she was "trying to look sexy". Which she was.

You're reading that wrong. Individuals are projecting what the OP is thinking by posting personal provocative portraits online. The OP explained this and due to lack of reading comprehension or just plan trolling behavior, folks skipped over it and still insisted that the OP was posting "nudz" for the sake of posting them.

Nope I read it right, just my opinion. I don't have a lack of reading comprehension and I'm not a troll, I just call 'em as I see 'em.

I actually found that most people were overly nice to the point of dishonesty about her photos until she started getting defensive and rude.

That "fighting for your freedom" comment irked me too but I didn't want to stir the pot even more. :er:

Amazing. Really. Why were they defensive? Could it have had ANYTHING to do with the ridiculous unwarranted comments from members who ARE still here?

It took one fairly benign comment for her to remove the photos. This was the comment

I'm not really a fan of the 'trying to look sexy' expressions.

I don't think that was ridiculous or unwarranted at all. It's totally valid.

Actually she got annoyed when someone suggested that she was "trying to look sexy". Which she was.
I actually consider non-constructive crit all the fawning (and no doubt fapping) that was done over the picture. "You're pretty" isn't nearly as helpful as "The way you did X really highlighted your natural beauty" (etc. etc.)
As for "trying to look sexy" - well of course she was. They were photos for her husband and apparantly a first crack at a "Hey hubby/wifey, thinking of you!" Photo-Service for military wives/husbands. Of coruse she could have said that in the beginning, but after that - if anyone cared to read - it should have squashed the "Oh youre just looking for kudos" comments.
The OP could have handled themselves better and not gone into battle-stance over a mistook comment, but so could everyone else who contributed to the crash.

This ridiculous thread really needs to be locked.

Or you could just, yanno, not post in it and refer your Be-All-End-All
:)hail:) opinion to the proper people.

Well, I'm just reading this thread for the 1st time and I am exactly aligned with ANDS! opinion!! I actually started to write something very similar (but STRONGER, and with more examples) until I read hers (his?) and also noticed that Ashley is no longer in the thread. :(

On a side note I think one of the unwritten rules needs to be written in a sticky for this area although you wouldn't think so as it's just common sense, and that is: For people photos don't comment on the "person" in the photo - and especially if it can at all be construed as negative or irrelevant to the photograph itself! Just the photograph in technical terms.

People photos are often of loved ones or as was in this case for sincere professional endeavor and when you comment negatively or irrelevantly about any aspect of the "person" in the photo you're offering insult to someone's loved one, disregarding the photographic effort, and as in this case assuming and assuming wrongly! If I were any of the people who had done this in this thread I would try and contact Ashley and apologize. But that's just me - I care about people.

In fact I was just reading a list of quotes from Vincent Van Gogh and one there touched me more than all the others. It went like this:

"I tell you, the more I think, the more I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people."
- Vincent Van Gogh

Well, I'm just reading this thread for the 1st time and I am exactly aligned with ANDS! opinion!! I actually started to write something very similar (but STRONGER, and with more examples) until I read hers (his?) and also noticed that Ashley is no longer in the thread. :(

On a side note I think one of the unwritten rules needs to be written in a sticky for this area although you wouldn't think so as it's just common sense, and that is: For people photos don't comment on the "person" in the photo - and especially if it can at all be construed as negative or irrelevant to the photograph itself! Just the photograph in technical terms.

People photos are often of loved ones or as was in this case for sincere professional endeavor and when you comment negatively or irrelevantly about any aspect of the "person" in the photo you're offering insult to someone's loved one, disregarding the photographic effort, and as in this case assuming and assuming wrongly! If I were any of the people who had done this in this thread I would try and contact Ashley and apologize. But that's just me - I care about people.

In fact I was just reading a list of quotes from Vincent Van Gogh and one there touched me more than all the others. It went like this:

"I tell you, the more I think, the more I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people."
- Vincent Van Gogh

kuddos

why is it that threads with good photos or helpful tips never get bumped?

Its only the threads with bitching in that get bumped

I actually consider non-constructive crit all the fawning (and no doubt fapping) that was done over the picture. "You're pretty" isn't nearly as helpful as "The way you did X really highlighted your natural beauty" (etc. etc.).

Well that is something we both agree on.

Most reactions

Back