TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the result of a test shot with a retro camera with grafted lens
logcabin.jpg

Thank you for the comment it means this posting can finally die a quiet death. I don't shoot polaroid film. When I changed it to a sheet film camera, I decided I wanted more exposure control. Time exposure for instance. Polaroid pack film camera don't do time at all. Plus you cant really expose for subject with a strong backlight, so I removed the polaroid lens. Then I grafted a lens from a kodak 616 camera onto it. Once it is light tight and adjusted for infinity focus, you have a polaroid frame to hold the film and a kodak lens to shoot the picture.

the lens is even more antique than the frame so the camera shoots really retro looking negatives. That's pretty much the story on it. By the way, the reason I just didn't use a 616 camera is that they dont mke the film anymore and the bellows on most kodak antiques are not very good.

That's a very peculiar effect! It has a certain retro hand-painted advert feel to it. I'm not terribly keen on the stick in the composition and the green thing (flower?) is a bit at odds with the bottle and stick. I like the writing though - what a great effect - looks like you drew the picture!

These kinds of shots are always more interesting than any old sunset crap, so keep them coming.

Rob

I disagree about the sunsets.... and yes the camera tests are usually whatever I have around. All kinds of odd combinations show up in my still life. Why the stick you might ask, the studio windows will not stay open without a prop. So the window prop doubles as a prop.

Keep them coming. :thumbup: They're different, they're freaky, and they're fun!

Most reactions

Back