What's new

new portraits, please C&C

vtf

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Apr 1, 2010
Messages
2,125
Reaction score
242
Location
kansas city
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've started on practicing portrait work. The following shots were taken with natural light coming in from the right and studio light reflecting off ceiling angled in from the left. My intention was to work on focusing and not DOF. I wanted the whole picture in focus. I realized that the background ins not the greatest and since has been replaced.
Most of the shots are in the f10, 1/25, 200-400iso range. In retrospect a lower aperature setting might have reduced the iso needed but I still wanted to work on getting the subject in focus, then I'll go from there. These are pretty basic as far as poses go. Fill free to comment on these as I need some feedback on how they look.
1.
Madison42.jpg

2.
Madison39.jpg

3
Madison47w.jpg
 
Last edited:
so would you like CC on the focus? If so I think 3 is the best. Also, Im thinking your aperture was a little low, maybe try 5.6 or so.
 
so would you like CC on the focus? If so I think 3 is the best. Also, Im thinking your aperture was a little low, maybe try 5.6 or so.
I welcome all comments but wanted to let you know what I was striving for. Up to this point my subjects had been insects and flowers, plus some big blue skys.:D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom