New Printer!

catweh00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just received my new printer, the HP 8750. After installing it, the printer made excellent++++ prints in 4x6, 8.5x11 and 13x19 paper tests. I can't wait to put some excellent shots on this baby!

Does anyone else here print their own photos? I was leaning towards epson until I tried out my friend's 8450. He owns both the epson r800 and the 8450 (for b/w work) and he is most impressed by the HP. And also, he doesn't have enough patience to load profiles and the like.

I hear some people would rather have great prints out of the box--this printer should do it for you. I love the vibrant colors!

Well, thats enough of my ranting, just wanted to share and ask if anyone else prints their own. If so, please respond.

Craig

My Epson Stylus Photo 960 produces fabulous results. "Photo quality" to say the least. The point being; I now have the ultimate 90 second photo lab. It sort of changes the way that I think about photography. Somehow I have a feeling of freedom that I never had before.

In all honesty; it took some long hard hours to exactly produce what I see on the screen to what is printed.

Yeah, the sense of freedom and control is really nice. I also get a discount on ink from my friend, who works at Best Buy.

I've heard that Epson owners do have to tweak their settings a little bit. I'm a little surprised that my printer performed the way it did--literally, everything I saw on the screen printed in the exact same color and tint/hue and everything.

Either way, a printer is a printer, and the ones they are making now are just fantastic. Are your colors nice and vivid, or are they dull? My friend's prints look great, just a little duller than mine. I didn't know if this was an Epson thing or jus this photos in particular.

Craig

I was surprised to hear Your friend wasn't impressed by the Epson R800. I have this printer and find it excellent.Colours match My monitor pretty much although I am not going to say EXACT. I tried all the 'tweaking' with My last epson and did nothing but waste a great deal of time, Ink and Paper.
The drawback is that Ink is expensive, as are most printers I think. Avoid compatable cartridges for the R800..complete waste of Money!.
Peter.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply he doesn't like the epson. He loves it. He just prefers the HP for B/W and right-out-of-the-box color accuracy.

I just upgraded to the HP 8750. WOw, I am even more impressed with their large prints. I love printing my own stuff now, it is hassle-free and a little cheaper than what I was paying for prints online.

Craig

Most reactions

New Topics

Back