New Star Wars !!!SPOILERS ZONE!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

I've seen it all of three times already, with a likely fourth coming this week or so. Each time, I've laughed and cried, despite knowing what's coming. I was smart not to see any spoilers beforehand. They would have ruined it for me.

I saw it with a friend and my brother in law on Thursday, and had to keep my trap shut until my wife and another friend had seen it.

I thought they had signed Harrison Ford for all three of the new trilogy. Apparently I was wrong...? Or is he coming back in flashbacks?

I'll miss Solo. He took the 'serious' out of most scenes, which was fun. And funny.

Ben was wounded and didn't completed his training. I will bet the next sequel, he will be stronger.

He had like 3 hissy fits! Vader never did that, he'd just choke someone and be all stoic.

Darth Vader and Ben are two different persons and have different personalities. Beside, J.J. Abrams and several other writers wrote the story. If George Lucas wrote the story, the movie would be completely different Star Wars.
True, it would suck. And feature CGI rabbit warriors, that somehow shoot deadly weapons and sing Bollywood style. Taking Star Wars from Lucas was a fantastic decision. It's highly probable that if Lucas had written and directed Force Awakens the movie would be no better than 50 Shades of Gray.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

He had like 3 hissy fits! Vader never did that, he'd just choke someone and be all stoic.
uh, did you never watch episode 2 and 3?

all he freaking did was throw hissy fits and complain.

Last edited:
If George Lucas wrote the story, the movie would be completely different Star Wars.

Id Lucas had written this episode it would have been awful. Lucas is a horrible writer; he's a socially awkward fatass that couldn't write the script to ordering his lunch at the McDonalds drive-through window. not only would it be full of CGI warrior rabbits, they'd all mimic other 90s sitcom characters, like Steve Urkel, Kramer, Carlton, Screech, Ross (after he lost his custody battle for Ben) and the other flamboyantly weird chraracters only someone like Lucas would relate to and gravitate towards.

okay, well that explains your lack of knowledge of the force...

okay, well that explains your lack of knowledge of the force...

I heard it was bacteria that made it work. Which is so silly and heavy handed.

The prequel trilogy was an abomination. I watched it recently, but my god was I not entertained. The writing was horrible. Anakin was a whiny brat, which makes no sense as he's so composed as Vader in 4, 5, and 6. The midichlorians I just can't forgive Lucas for. And then there's Jar Jar... He RUINS Episode One, which really didn't need the help. The only thing I really took out of the prequel trilogy is that I want to see Darth Plagueis resurrect someone.

Anakin was a whiny brat, which makes no sense as he's so composed as Vader in 4, 5, and 6.

he's not THAT composed. he's weak and manipulated. He still choked bitches that pissed him off. Since Lucas is such a poor writer and director anakin came off horribly under Haden. I understand that they had to represent his path down the dark side, but was as convincing as padme actually being in love with him...

The midichlorians I just can't forgive Lucas for.

why? he borrowed a lot from other sci-fi writers. Why not one of the most succesful -- someone who was such a good sci-fi writer, people believed it for fact.

And then there's Jar Jar... He RUINS Episode One, which really didn't need the help.

Like I said, Lucas is a child. Jar Jar was just supposed to be the Ying to Yoda's yang. When we first met Yoda he came off as a silly muppet. Jar Jar was supossed to mirror that -- problem is Lucas decided that he should actually be Michelle Tanner from full house.

Jar Jar was ultimately repsonsible for the emporer's reign of power, something that wasn't actually accidental but Lucas had to write out of episode 2 since he was so hated. This is why Dooku suddenly appears to fill in the gap that was supossed to be Jar Jar.

The only thing I really took out of the prequel trilogy is that I want to see Darth Plagueis resurrect someone.

Assuming its possible. Palpetine told Anakin the story, told him he knew how to do it, then was like oh yeah -- we'll figure it out, just kidding. I'm convinced anakin wasn't actually having visions of the future, but Palpetine was sending them to him, to get him interested in the Dark Side, using the one thing he "loved"; Padme. I could believe the light side to have the power to heal/create, but not the dark.

That theory about Palpatine sending Anakin those visions is a good point. I hadn't thought about that.

Vader choked some people, but he never threw the tantrums that Kylo Ren does.

I just hate the idea that the force is controlled by bacteria. It was never mentioned in the OT-in fact, I'd say they did a great job of explaining what the force is, and it sure as hell isn't bacteria. In fact, Maz Kenata's explanation in TFA goes against the bacteria theory.

You are correct that Jar Jar's move to grant the Chancellor emergency powers is what doomed the Republic. It's all his fault, which makes him even worse.

Lucas wasn't such a terrible writer. He did pen the OT, and those movies were quite good.

You are correct that Jar Jar's move to grant the Chancellor emergency powers is what doomed the Republic. It's all his fault, which makes him even worse.

The theory is he was the anti-yoda -- was powerful in the force -- and it was to be revealed in clone wars that he was actually working with palpetine. It's too coincindental that he happened upon the jedis, and then somehow gets into a position to grant emergancy powers to the senator (both being from the same home planet). But they wrote him out because no one would have been able to stomach him, so it's just theory. But yeah, he was awful and ruined the movie along with the pod racers. But Lucas is a child and stuff that entertains kids, entertains Lucas.

Clone Wars and Revenge are still imporant as it shows Anakin's path to the dark side.

Mark my words, they will remake the prequels.

The biggest crime is that they wasted some very talented actors on such a horrible script and terrible direction.

Clone Wars and Revenge are still imporant as it shows Anakin's path to the dark side.

In the worst most ham-fisted way possible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back