New Star Wars !!!SPOILERS ZONE!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

• Towards the end then I wondered since the death star laser was on a planet and energy for the laser was sucked from a star until the star goes out it how did they fire it twice.
I had the same thought, but figured there's more than one star out there.

Is the new girl not Solos daughter then?

doubtful. They had no reason to hide her what was done with Luke.

This is a story parallel here. The old man in the begining of the movie was most liekly on that planent to watch over him (like Ben with Luke). He obviously was in touch with Luke if he had the map.

I strongly believe Ray is Luke's daughter, and Po is Ben's brother (so her cousin, or Solo's other son).

depending on everyone's age, I could see the need to hide Ray.

I really need to see it all again. I also had a theory about Finn being Lando's son.

I'll be the one to say it. Kylo Ren stopping the blaster pulse was the "jump the shark" moment for me. Are we supposed to believe that Kylo, whose training "isn't complete" can someone sense a pulse of pure energy and stop it? So his reaction times are actually faster than light? Come on J.J.! WTF! At that point they may as well have brought out a wizened Jar Jar Binks.

"Me-sa no like you attitude missah Kylo."

It took me a while t get back into the movie after that.

Even still, I think it's an entertaining movie, but it doesn't live up to the originals.

Overall I liked it, however I thought the story was a bit too similar to episode IV, and I did not like a lot of things about Kylo Ren. I feel like his dialogue could have been a lot better, and the acting for his character could have been a lot better (I cringed and then laughed out loud when he screamed "YOU NEED A TEACHER!!" at Rey after tackling her to the ground. I also felt that the way the actor spoke was awkward and unfitting for the character. I also felt that it may have been too soon to kill Han Solo, although I could be bias as he is my favorite character. I'm really sad to see him go, and would have loved to see him in at least one more episode.

Emo Kylo Ren (@KyloR3n) | Twitter

Hilarious

Is it worth going back to any of the previous ones or can I just wait until this one is on Netflix?

Well Jaca, imo it's..............

My boss thinks it would be okay to watch without going back to the others. I would miss some story, but not crucial.

Anyone agree?

Ben was wounded and didn't completed his training. I will bet the next sequel, he will be stronger.

He had like 3 hissy fits! Vader never did that, he'd just choke someone and be all stoic.

Darth Vader and Ben are two different persons and have different personalities. Beside, J.J. Abrams and several other writers wrote the story. If George Lucas wrote the story, the movie would be completely different Star Wars.

Anyone else think this is a very bad movie? There was only one surprise, no tension, phoned-in acting and all-t00-familiar special effects. Good to see Chewbaca again, though.

phoned-in acting. lol.

are you sure you didn't watch the clone wars by accident?

phoned-in acting. lol.

are you sure you didn't watch the clone wars by accident?

Truly terrible...I mean like the worst ever.

Anyone else think this is a very bad movie? There was only one surprise, no tension, phoned-in acting and all-t00-familiar special effects. Good to see Chewbaca again, though.

Well the Leigh - Solo interaction must have come in over a Flintstone phone or maybe it was just the writing,

the fact that Abrams was able to somehow get Carrie Fisher to act like she wasn't drugged out of her mind is a huge accomplishment and should be rewarded.

the fact that Abrams was able to somehow get Carrie Fisher to act like she wasn't drugged out of her mind is a huge accomplishment and should be rewarded.

Time has not been kind to the princess.

Well the Leigh - Solo interaction must have come in over a Flintstone phone or maybe it was just the writing,
Did you feel that Birdman deserved best picture? or that Patricia Arquette should have got an Oscar for her "acting" in Boyhood?

that was some of the worst I've seen lately and they won awards for it.

Did you feel that Birdman deserved best picture? or that Patricia Arquette should have got an Oscar for her "acting" in Boyhood?

that was some of the worst I've seen lately and they won awards for it.

No.

Just wanted to reiterate that theses scenes, with Fisher having lines, took away from the film in my opinion and its a pity that we will have to endure more of the princess in the next one, at least Harrison Ford can play off people somewhat, but I guess he doesn't need the money.

Okay, so I finally saw the movie and can open this thread at last!

Poor acting: let us not forget that the acting or dialogue in the original three were really not very good either. It's no accident that Harrison Ford was the only one to go on and make am A-list career for himself. But the fact remains that the story - a very simple stripped down good-vs-evil...in space...story - draws us in and allows (most of) us to forgive the bad acting or little plot holes (like how stormtroopers can't hit the side of a barn except in certain scenes where the plot needs an accurate shot.)

8847513.jpg

As for Adam Driver, it was hard to stop seeing him as NOT Lena Dunham's boyfriend in "Girls." ;)

Directing: I think JJ Abrams did with this movie the same thing he did with Star Trek, which was to keep enough of the original to keep that magic that made is special, while adding enough to make the story new. The prequels tried too hard and all the twists and turns and different characters complicated the story to the point that it was difficult to give a tiny rat's ass about them. This movie kept it spare again, kept it black and white so it was easy to choose sides and stay there. It's like that goggle lady said in the new version of the Mos Eisley cantina: when Rey asked what fight and she said something about how it's always the same fight. There are bad people who have too much power and who do bad things, and there are good people who fight them. And that's a real-world fight, not just a fantasy sci-fi fight. I mean, y'all DID get all the Nazi symbolism in the original movie and now in this one, right?

Writing: Ah yes, the whole woman behind every "great" man? Lucas alone was not responsible for the original three movies, and the fact that she wasn't around for the prequels might be evidence of him being a hack after all:
The secret weapon who made Star Wars great

This movie did seem a little rushed in a way, but it was also setting up the next two, and it gave us new characters to be invested in and care about. I thought they did a good job with the new cast. I don't think Poe or Finn are related to anyone, though I do think there might be a story behind Rey.

I avoided all spoilers until Buzz's nephew blurted out that Han Solo died just as I was telling to not say anything about the movie. (Yes, I'm still annoyed.) But he only spoiled that Han Solo died, and now how he died, but once I knew it was coming, I saw all the hints adding up and I started bawling as soon as they landed on the planet to get Rey and lower the shields. I made sure I brought plenty of tissues with me.

I want to see it again. I saw the originals in the theater, including the very first one in 1977. I still remember how excited I was, and this movie felt very much like that. It concerns me that JJ Abrams isn't doing the other three, though :mad-44:

Most reactions

Back