New Stuffs! Lee Big Stopper, Tokina 11-16/f2.8

pthrift

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I recently sold a camera and a couple other things on ebay and took the cash and reinvested it into more gear. I got a really good deal on a Lee Filter foundation kit+ the Big Stopper, and I picked up a used copy of the Tokina 11-16/f2.8.

I've taken a couple shots here and there but with working and with a flu outbreak in my home, I haven't had much opportunity to take many shots with it.

Went down to Myrtle Beach over the weekend though to have some engagement/family photos taken & took my gear with me for the trip.

CC welcome, I have only one of these I really love, the rest you couldn't tear down any further than I already have.

1.Atalaya Castle
by patrick.thrift, on Flickr
This is my favorite of them all, no filters here. The sky was way overblown (wish I had bought a GND before the trip now) and I did my best to bring it back down in post without killing the image. Wound up making a digital GND in camera raw to take the exposure way way down.

2.Atalaya Castle
Again with the way overblown sky. I couldn't get it right with my current skillset in photoshop. I want to love this.
I do not. Is the flare common with this lens? I didn't feel like I was shooting directly into the sun, but I am -obviously- wrong. No hood on the lens, would that have helped?

3. Dry Docked
I only like this one because of how close I could get with the wide-angle. If it weren't for the fact that I took it at 11mm, it probably would have made it into the circular file instead.

4.Springmaid Pier
I've done this shot before, but not with the Lee Big Stopper nor with anything wider than 18mm. Its not a particularly inspired image. I feel like I need a lot more practice with that big stopper to really get a good feel for it.

Have not had flare issues with this lens. I do use the hood. In this case I think the flare adds a little sometching to the shot. I like the boat as well.

Have not had flare issues with this lens. I do use the hood. In this case I think the flare adds a little sometching to the shot. I like the boat as well.
Good to know about lens; maybe it was a fluke with a tough lighting situation.

Thanks for compliment

Most reactions

New Topics

Back