new to all

wildrice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildricephotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am new to photography (also forums so forgive me ahead of time)
My job takes me all over the United States, and I like walking so I carry my Canon sx120 with me.
I think it is good to have comments on ones work so I am looking forward on hearing form you all..You can see my pictures at Picasa Web Albums - Wild Rice Photos and here as wildrice thanks!

Nice photos! That storm cloud would scare me.. never seen clouds so black before. I'm glad to see more pictures from an SX120IS as I plan on getting one in a few months.

As dak1b stated, it might be good for you to think about getting a DSLR camera. I would myself, but being between jobs at the moment and having only a $200 budget for a camera is why I would be getting the SX120IS. Otherwise I would get a used Rebel XT kit off ebay or something.

Are you using auto or manual mode on your camera. I ask this because some of your animal shots look a bit noisy (grainy) and out of focus. But most of your other shots look nice and clear.

I just got this camera in june so I am doing a lot of playing around, so far i am real happy with this sx120. Maybe after i get better I will upgrade.

I just got this camera in june so I am doing a lot of playing around, so far i am real happy with this sx120. Maybe after i get better I will upgrade.

That works. I'd say for now, the main thing would be to learn the basic and 3 most important functions of the camera, which would be..

ISO
Aperture
Shutter Speed

Once you learn those, you will be golden as it seems you already have a semi-good eye for composition it seems.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back