What's new

New to DSLR - C&C my dog

Lockshi3

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 15, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone!

Recently picked up a Canon T3i. What a great beginner camera! I also just picked up a 50mm 1.8f lens - wow, what a great bang for the buck.

Please C&C my photos - thanks!

$8192114328_4d8094cff2_c.webp
$8192113664_842089f9c6_c.webp
$8192113940_c8444166a4_c.webp
 
Use one focus point and lock it on the eyes. You are locking on the nose and the eyes aren't always in focus. If you use more than one focus point the camera gets to choose which one has the most contrast to lock on to-it could be anywhere. With just one you pick where it locks.
 
thank you!! I had it set to AF - next time I will try out manual
 
thank you!! I had it set to AF - next time I will try out manual

AF is almost always more accurate than manual focus. I am not talking about manual focus, I am talking about the number of focus points you are using in the camera that the camera uses to lock it's focus on.
 
Whoops - meant autofocus but manual selection! Yeah I originally had autofocus /auto selection. Next time I will manually select the point(s) of autofocus.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom