New to forum! Would love some CC

smokeydabear82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

I'm new to TPF, and I would consider myself a beginner. I have a nikon d40 and have recently been addicted to snapping pictures...I find myself looking at different objects and scenery in my daily errands and saying "wow, that would be a cool picture"...

anyway...i wanted to share some of my pics with you guys and gals to get some CC..I'm looking to improve on technique, cropping, coloring...anything and everything!!! Thanks in advance!

3068017910_e6bf9bd113_b.jpg

3031597369_43db58f82f_o.jpg

3031619957_32bfafca52_o.jpg

3035538614_bb19bfc9cd_o.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!! :D

Last edited:
Thanks!!! Very much appreciated!!:D

Is HDR? My favorite is the last one.

Yes...HDR...All of th pics were taken in Korea...which is where I live currently. =)

Love the first shot. I'm always amazed by how different part of the world utilize certain colors more than others. Great shots.

i envy you i can not get my exposures right on my D40 for HDR.. first one is absolutly gorgeous.. do you mind posting what your exposures settings where for the first one and how many images you took.. i am very interested in your work :) notice you have a wide angle i believe, which brand do you have? is it the nikon 10.5?

I love one and three...

The last one did you stitch two photo's together to get the more panoramic look?
If not how did you do it?

Hey all,

I'm new to TPF, and I would consider myself a beginner.

If you consider yourself to be a beginner i would hate to see your work as a professional.... very nice use of HDR, overall awesome pictures.. well done

Thanks everyone for the kind comments! They are very encouraging!!

i envy you i can not get my exposures right on my D40 for HDR.. first one is absolutly gorgeous.. do you mind posting what your exposures settings where for the first one and how many images you took.. i am very interested in your work :) notice you have a wide angle i believe, which brand do you have? is it the nikon 10.5?

Thanks! As far as the first pic is concerned, I originally took 5 photos...(-2, -1, 0, +1, +2). When I combined them in Photomatix, it came out kind of funky, as there were some strange lines that appeared next to the building (the lines were not in the original photos). I then decided to only use -2, 0, +2. After combining those three, the lines had disappeared. After that, editting in Photomatix and PS ensued.

As far as a wide angle lens, I do not have one :( The last pic I actually used the 18-55mm lens that came with my camera.

Thanks for looking!

I love one and three...

The last one did you stitch two photo's together to get the more panoramic look?
If not how did you do it?

Thanks!! I am really please with the way the first one came out as well. :D

With the last pic, I actually didn't stitch anything together. The original picture had a lot more of the sky. It seemed like a waste of space in the picture, so I decided to crop some of it out. The end result is what seems to be a stitched-up or wide angle shot, but it is actually just a shot taken with my 18-55mm lens.

Thanks for looking!

great pics, what post processing did you do?

Thanks!! As far as PP, if I plan on making a HDR photo, then I go into Photomatix and combine the different exposured shots, then I mess around with the picture settings. When I get it to a point where I am happy, then I save it and hop into photoshop. From there, I crop and highlight what I think are the most attracting elements of the photo.

Thanks for looking!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back