New to photography and the forums! critiquing/tips

StealingNature

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey everyone! i currently have a canon rebel t3 (not t3i) with the 18-55mm kit lens. ive had this camera for about 5ish years and took maybe only 10 pictures with it up until a month or two ago i have been trying really hard to take as many pictures as i can whenever i can. just curious for any tips for a beginner? feel free to critique a few of my favorite pictures!
IMG_6303.JPG
IMG_6313.JPG
IMG_5787.JPG
IMG_5678.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Welcome to the forum. Better late than never to learn your equipment. :345:
Lots of knowledge on this site. Feel free to jump right in.

Welcome aboard.

On first look, I like the composition of first one.

I think you already took the most important steps - taking pictures and asking for feedback. Good eye - i like the idea on the subway shot.

Welcome aboard.

On first look, I like the composition of first one.
I think you already took the most important steps - taking pictures and asking for feedback. Good eye - i like the idea on the subway shot.

i appreciate the feedback a lot! i love criticism and i have way more pictures that i want to be critiqued but i dont want to spam or anything, sorry for taking so long to reply i dont get notifications from the app and apparently cant respond on the app either.

I just use my browser instead of the app - I just have to zoom in.

i cant blame you; it just sucks not getting notifications and having to log in every time

i cant blame you; it just sucks not getting notifications and having to log in every time

I can Stay Logged In...I would think you can do the same. THat option is one the main log-in page...just click Stay Logged In.

You can follow posts, and get e-mail notifications if desired.

WELCOME to TPF!~!!!!

#1 is really nice!

For me, the other three are all too dark.

Photography is about Light. The first shot has control of the light but the last is missing it. Learning how to get the right amount of light is one of the hardest things. Too much is not good but not enough isn't either......
Not enough you can work with some in post-processing while too much light is just a white spot that can't be anything else.
When we lighten up the last one in PP we see that the focus is off also. Composition and interest are good but a bit of the right cropped off would help..
How did it get so dark? Probably those bright lights on the wall fooled the camera.
IMG_5678.JPG

FWIW, I would suggest changing the camera setting to a single focus point.

Most reactions

Back