New to photography, What do you think of my Photos?

sdesha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My subject the barn cats. I am a photography lover and always have been, I am now just getting into it since im a new mom, I have a great subject and I have time since im an army wife and stay at home with my new born. So tell me please what you think...Do I have potential or not?

1. This is shadow I have had him for 16 years

Shadow.jpg

2. This is shadow again, I gave up on capturing his little head and body he wanted to know what was in my hand so i followed him around like he follows me everywhere I go...lol (hint his name)

shadow2.jpg

3. This is heckle He is a wild cat that keeps coming around he wont let you get to close but I captured this picture, I think he is very fuzzy and pretty.

outdidecatcopy.jpg

thanks everyone....

Welcome to the site!
I must say I like the style and look to colours of your shots - very bright and full of vibrancy!
I think your first two shots would not work too well on their own - first has appeal though - but the second is (for want of a better term) snapshoty - just not enough cat - you could get away with this if you were at the cats eye level (like shot 3) and he were darting away - that would work with less cat. There is also a some overexposing going on with his whites (never easy to shoot in the daytimg)

Your third shot though looks really good, but your foucs has missed the cats face - its just a tiny bit forwad I think (its hard to tell at websize) = the tip is to look and focus for the eyes since they are the part that engages with the viewer.

Overall I like the look to your work and look forward to seeing more of your shots!

thanks...I actually made his feet more white...so thats my bad, easy fix though on PS. lol...

I am doing people shots for the first time this weekend that isnt my baby...lol...

thanks for the tips im going to go out tomorrow and try some more...does anyone know the best times to take a photo out side???

outside early morning and late evening are good times - light is still about, but its softer and not as harsh as full daylight.
The hours before and after sunset and sunrise are typically the golden hours for landscape work - though you should be ok if you shoot during brighter parts of the day - just try underexposing (off the meter or using the exposure compensation) to prevent highlights from blowing out

great shots. I cant wait to see more from you!

I love your Pictures...Like the contrast..
Which camera do you have?

Welcome to the forums. Congrats on the baby!

Everyone has potential. How much people have varies, but everyone has it.

Finding it takes practice, patience and the willingness to ask for help and learn from what people share with you.

Keep at it.

#1 & #2 are interesting perspectives. Strangely i like them... (strangely because I'm not much of a cat person)

Looking forward too seeing more of your images.

Oh yeah, Congrats on the baby. You have a new model now ;-)

Thank you for your comments! Im so excited to learn more. I have my first photoshoots this weekend! Im doing 3...decied if im going to try it im going to make a whole day of it! Got extra batteries and everything! lol....

Most reactions

Back