New to photography wisdom please?

gruns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just started shooting very recently hopefully you guys can give me some wisdom about how i can improve...ive been doing a ton of research and reading but i find hearing it directly from people who know is also helpful

4344948974_7290344c82.jpg

4363249382_422c55b476.jpg

4342116382_4f4ae9d405_b.jpg

4341377107_33436ced0d.jpg

4365678807_2f4f547337.jpg

thanks for looking :thumbup:

Flickr: Gruns' Photostream

Bridge: Generally good composition, tho I would have moved right to include more bridge and less dead space on the left, also mid day light is usually the least attractive. Try the scene in morning or evening with nice rich light. Also always make sure your horizons are dead level.
Bottle: Sorry, nothing interesting here. If you want a picture of the bottle, get rid of everything else. For example the light fixture at the top is very distracting.
Sea scape: Level the horizon and keep it out of the center unless there is some clear relationship between above and below, as with reflections. It is not clear what your subject is. The picnic table should be all in or all out. The rest of the foreground is rather drab, and the items along the horizon line are too small to see.
Second sea scape: Horizon appears level but get it out of the center. I think the ship/sun has potential: try cropping that into a simple composition, but dont center it.
Last one: Awkward composition: seems cut in half, but potentially very interesting subject. The rusty metal and other textures could be very rich in detail, pattern and color.
I hope this helps....JSD

cant say i disagree with u jsd thanks for the information ill keep it in mind

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back