New to Photography? - you REALLY need to get this !!!

I also recommend Bryan's books:

Learning To See Creatively and Beyond Portraiture.

it was one of the first books i read....i certainly need to read it again

My library has some of his books.

I just checked out Understanding Photography
Field Guide. It's been pretty good so far. I like
how he shows examples with his pictures, and
gives the details on shutter speed, f-stop, etc... :thumbup:

Just want to confirm that it's not just about "Canon Speedlights", but that it also covers "Off Camera lighting" in general.. correct ? I have 3 flash units, none of them Canon... but I'm looking for a good book regarding off camera lighting..[/QUOTE]

I've read that The Hot Shoe Diaries by Joe McNally is a good book on flash photography.

I've read that The Hot Shoe Diaries by Joe McNally is a good book on flash photography.

It's a great read. It's an awesome sales pitch for Nikon gear though. You kinda have to just slide by that and read about what he has achieved, and how. Great book, solid advice, easy to read.

Is there any other books you would recommend i read? Where i live it cost a lot of money to use the internet so i spend most my time on forums trying to gather information put together by others so if you could recommend some other books thats would be great!

I agree, a very awesome read.

His photography field guide is also a good read, in fact perhaps even better.

I finished Understanding Exposure around the same time I picked up my T2i and it really made using the camera that much easier. If he ever writes a book called Understanding Women he'll be a multi-millionaire.

I am a big phototgraphy fan and I love to make photography. I want to ask you that which is the best thing to learn photography? I like all types of photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back