What's new

New to Photography

brandwood

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 9, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Lancashire
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I am completely new to photography, and I am completely open to your feedback. I understand I don't know even a percentage of what most of you know regarding photography. However, I find photography very therapeutic. I don't think I will ever be able to make money from my work, but as long as I enjoy my hobby, who cares
clear.png
Anyway, most of these images were taken in my garden... I know it is kind of illegal in the photography world, but as a taster I wanted to try my garden.

Would you critique my images, and tell me how I could improve?

Kind Regards,
Josh

ezimba19636323506300.jpg

ezimba19636389071000.jpg

ezimba19636355843800.jpg

ezimba19636382899700.jpg

ezimba19636341094000.jpg

10483631_354230354725636_5149700105383777733_n.jpg

10547559_354448898037115_6155105546653484988_n.jpg

10526110_354230801392258_6083993528741473786_n.jpg
 

Attachments

  • $ezimba19636323506300.webp
    $ezimba19636323506300.webp
    57.4 KB · Views: 86
Nothing illegal about taking pictures anywhere! I think it's a great start to your photography and I would just say to keep it up. Continue looking for what interests you, and then capture it!

One thing is you might want to work on your focus point (eg. Door knob), the actual knob seems soft. Keep up the good work.
 
I like number 2. Made me look at it longer than I usually would have.

Nothing wrong with garden shots to help you practice DOF and all that stuff!

Maybe some post-processing would be nice to bring details out, shadow, etc etc
 
Work on focus and exposure. Floral pictures should be bright and happy not dark an dingy. Unless that's what you wanted. Good subjects though
 
1. Welcome!
2. You write too small.
3. Too many photos for detailed critique, so I'll do the first two or three.

#1 I see positive and negative, which is good, but they could be lined up better IMO. Besides; the presumed verticals are not vertical. Straighten it and it will help.

#2 I almost always appreciate architectural detail studies, but here the subject outpaces the DOF, so loses impact. And I don't get the tilted frame.

#3 The subject is underexposed. Use care when metering especially when the background is substantially brighter or darker.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom